CH. 14 - For now....

CH. 14 – For now....

PART #1

"Graaawl!!"

Kuro's roar shot out loudly as he charged at Darrius and Clint. The pair of gauntlets that glimered with shiny gold luster and red Ruby eye at the face of the lion, clawed violently at the two corpses.

However, Clint dodged nimbly. His body, who had signs of decomposition, moved as though he was alive. Two arrows was shot.

"Hrrng!!"

Kuro broke the arrows aimed at him.

"Kuro-dono!"

Leticia chased from behind with her sword bursting with blue light. Kuro jumped back as he sensed something was creeping up behind him.

Darrius cut air as he missed Kuro's back with his twin daggers. Leticia had seen Darrius used his skill «Stealth» so many times since she had joined their party was a swordsman and a night toy.

Leticia's expression creased as her anger surged up, recalling how she was toyed by the two corpses before her back then.

"Magic Sword – «Stream Blade»!!"

The longsword surged like a straight river. The violent stream of magic power that was endowed with the water element created an attack that shoots forth a jet stream of water.

This would have been enough to cut down a human into two. However, this not Earth.

As the attack ended, Darrius stood there with both of his arms guarding against the attack.

"Damn it..."

"Don't worry about it"

Kuro's voice entered Leticia's ears. A large shadow leaped over her head and as she deflected three arrows coming her away, Kuro had swung down his large fist down at Darrius.

"Martial Skill – «Earth Breaker»!!"

*!?*

Darrius quickly jumped away from Kuro's attack.

*Zudon!!* The fist that lost it's target crashed at the floor, breaking it down to the floor below. Kuro growls at Darrius in irritation, he then kicks the ground and leaps over the broken floor.

"Martial Skill – «Raging Blow Fist»!!!"

*DODODODODODO—!!!* Hundreds of punches rained down at Darrius. The sheer force of his fist was enough to break the walls, floor and even the windows. Cracked formed all-over in the hallway, and with the last punch, Kuro sends Darrius flying.

Clint, who was on the side, didn't wait and immediately attacked the moment he saw Kuro stopping. Kuro jumped back and landed beside Leticia.

*Boom!!*

The floor where Kuro was just down burst from Clint's magic arrow.

"They are rather tricky to deal with"

"They aren't supposed to be this strong though....."

Leticia muttered with her hand gripping tightly on her longsword. Kuro glanced at her then smiled.

"Then I shouldn't be holding back"

"Eh?"

Leticia was dumbfounded. She thought that Kuro was already fighting his all with him forcing the two walking corpses back. However, in truth, Kuro was only assessing their strength.

The current Darius and Clint we're tricky to deal with, however they weren't that strong to stop Kuro. To prove that, Kuro broke Darrius's daggers while he was trying to deflect Kuro's heavy fist. A cheap dagger wouldn't hold again a mighty gauntlet made from Magic Gold and Force rubies.