Vol. 3 CH. 11 - The pitiful girl

PART #1

"Anyone caught helping the hero Taiga Kurosawa will be punished for disobeying a royal decree"

Everyone who were present in the throne room knew of the outcome of Taiga's reckless endeavor as a hero. It wouldn't even be funny if they all admitted that they too once helped Taiga in order to make him strong.

The nobles who didn't have anything to do with Taiga from the start and those who had little connection with him couldn't hide their shock as Queen Isabelle chose to abandon the hero that was supposed to protect Travestin.

"W-Wait a minute!! You can't do that!!"

"And why not?"

Taiga, who's gone pale from such order desperately tried to grasp to the only silver of hope before him.

"I-I'm the hero of this place! Who's going to protect you all from monsters and Demon Lords?!"

"We would make do with our current allied nation Ambrosia. It seems that they have the strength to drive monsters away even with small numbers"

Queen Isabelle received reports of the Black Army's feat in battle. Of course, there were some that exaggerated the report but nevertheless, the Army lead by Kuro was enough to exterminate monster infested lands which were lost when those monsters attacked.

Furthermore, their relay of information was fast. Enough for even Queen Isabelle to be frightened at how fast they exchange infformation with one another.

It was evident that it was best to ally themselves with Ambrosia with sufficient power to protect not only themselves but other nations as well.

"That's got to be a joke! You can't do this to a hero!!"

"Yes well, in records of long history, there has never been a hero caged and shackled before. But as they say, there is always a first"

"S-Stop shitting me!!"

*Bang!!* The cage rattled as Taiga tried to pull his arm.

"I am.... a hero!! Aria-sama! Please tell them that I've been doing everything I can to protect this kingdom!! Tell them that I've been fighting with the first Demon Lord ever since I came to this world!!"

Taiga called for Princess Aria. The little girl who followed his adventure from the start to now. She had witnessed everything that Taiga and his party have done.

That was the case but....

"Unfortunately, Aria-sama didn't see much if anything you've done"

Leticia finally spoke. Inside her cage with her head down before the Queen, Leticia answered in Princess Aria's defense.

"What are you....."

"You are Leticia Rembrandt. The one who became my daughter's personal guard correct? I've heard from my husband, is that true?"

"Yes your Highness"

Both ignored the speechless Taiga, who couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Can you elaborate what you just said? What do you mean by Aria did not see much of this hero's actions?"

"Yes. The truth is....."

From the start, Leticia was already suspicious of Taiga. From the day when the youngest princess got interested of the red headed hero to the day where Leticia herself found out Taiga's true color.

Indeed Princess Aria have been following Taiga for a long time now. Since the day they left the castle to raise their levels to the day they came back from battles.