Vol. 4 CH. 14 - If push comes to shove.....

Vol. 4 CH. 14 — If push comes to shove.....

PART #1

Dwvargo Kingdom. The kingdom of dwarves. Surrounded by mountains and cliffs, it was a place abundant of natural resources such as ores and coal. The city was built at the center of four mountains facing the four cardinal directions, and the roads that lead to the city was narrow and steep. The natural inclination of the roads heading towards the city became a natural wall against some monsters.

Monsters like goblins or slimes or monsters that has no claws and whatnot are having difficulty climbing such slopes once the dwarves decided to pour oil on them. Added by fire, it was good place take out some weak monsters.

Still, bigger ones are a problem and so are the ones that can fly. Bigger monsters has thick hides or skins and flying monsters like harpies and two-headed crows are too agile to shoot with muskets. In cases like this, the adventurers take turns in taking them down using long range weapons like cross-bows or ballistas. Magic shot by mages are often helpful but magic potions are scarce in a place where there's only mountains and cliffs. Added by the fact that most dwarves are blacksmiths and not alchemists, the production of potions aren't that much great.

Added by the consumption of potions of the two heroes, potions are hardly enough for the soldiers, much less the adventurers.

It was only thanks to the supplies sent from Ambrosia that Dwvargo Kingdom managed to keep up their fight against the monsters.

"How goes the battle outside the city walls?"

"Fortunately, there aren't much monsters this time. The report from the south outpost is still being investigated but there were no signs of giants coming to attack the city"

A winged-demi-human officer gave his report to his superior. Upon hearing the report, the superior sighed and nodded.

"Good, report any immediate changes of the situations to me. Send a message to the other outposts to stay on guard"

"Yes sir"

The winged-demi-human gave his salute before leaving through the balcony. athe superior was once again alone in his office.

This man is the General Ugtarth Jargo. One of the loyal retainers of the king of Dwvargo Kingdom. An dwarf that was over 200 years old and one of the oldest leaving dwarves left in this kingdom. General Ugtarth Jargo was tasked to oversee the command over the four outposts as well as the heroes by the king himself as the skills and loyalty he presented was one of the top class.

However, this old dwarf was having troubles containing the dissatisfaction among the soldiers and adventurers. One of the reasons was because this king was in a spot where monsters constantly attack and in random times even. Making it even harder to defend.

Still, considering how much changed since the heroes came, it wasn't all that bad. Just that, there was a steady line of complaints always waiting for him because of the behavior of one of the heroes in this kingdom.

Kouga Misumi was a problem. Not only that he was always drunk, he never leaves his quarters unless he visits brothels or he was personally requested by the Dwarf king. Though he still fights in most occasions, there are some quite questionable times where he would just disappear out of nowhere, leaving the entire force to deal with the monsters.

At first, when the half brothers came, the Dwvargo Kingdom was very happy. Because not only one but two heroes came to helped them. The capital city was well defended even while the heroes were just training to get used to the place but, couple of months later, it just became a problem.

A problem where one hides in his room drunk and horny and the other hides because he was a coward and afraid to die.

Yuuya Mizushima was as helpful as he was back when he first came though. General Ugtarth Jargo doesn't have any complaints about that. But the young hero always running away in the midst of a battle was a problem in itself. Because of his actions, the amount of casualties increases day by day. It wasn't even enough that Dwvargo Kingdom lost some of it's best knights defending the hero from death, General Ugtarth Jargo had lost two of his sons protecting Yuuya Mizushima and a daughter being played with by Kouga Misumi.