Vol. 3 CH. 8 - Speak of the devil...

PART #1

Gaius have arrived the settlement he and his knights made for those who suffered from the oppression of the hero's party.

Inside a forest, a large settlement was made. There various houses made just for the sake making a living space.

At one elevation, there was a large building big enough to be mistaken like a military facility.

It was the hospital that the people who suffered from injuries, such as burns, sword cuts, lost of limbs, and other physical injuries. Gaius had it made along with the many families that were affected by the recklessness of the hero Taiga.

"We're here.... and not even a day has passed"

This settlement lies around east and just a few kilometers north, a mountain range lies. The settlement was built just around the foot f the mountain, as such, there were many uneven cliffs and elevation that creates a natural barrier that prevents monster from ever coming near.

Inside this settlement, there was more than a thousand people living in it.

Naturally, those with enough skills were given the task to guard the settlement. The ones that had any experience in farming were the ones growing their food and since there was antueal flowing river nearby, it was a perfect place to have a secret base.

Gaius and his men got out of the ship.

"Gaius-dono, I shall look for a place where I can land the ship properly. Please go on first"

"Alright, thank you for taking us here"

As soon as the door was closed, the ship flew up and slowly hovered above the trees.

Gaius nodded then walked towards the current leader of the settlement.

Passing through the rows of houses, Gaius and his men saw some familiar faces. They waved their hand once and as a form of reply, the lower their heads.

This place has no real ruler. Only a representative was elected just for the sake of communicating with Gaius.

Once he reached the plaza, a huge tree stood tall. It was one of those thousand year old trees that grown too hard to cut down. But this one particular tree was left alone for one reason.

It was only tree that produces golden colored leaves all year around. The bark was pure black and wrinkly but the trunk was massive in size. Even the height was just that huge.

"Gaius-sama, you've returned! Welcome back"

"It's been a short while, Ashna"

"Humu, indeed it has"

Ashna, a woman with caramel colored hair that flows down straightforward down her thighs. Her slanted eyes showed her fierce will along with the amber colored irises. She wore a sort of dress that most commoners wear but, her mature body sticks through her clothes adds a bit of sensuality every time she moves.

However, the most eye catching feature of hers were the scales on the side of her neck and on her arms.

"How did your return go? I do hope that everything was resolved"

"Do not worry lord dragon, Queen Isabelle is already awake. The kingdom is now making moves to correct the misdeeds of the nobles"

"I see, I'm glad then. You humans have already made homes around my nest after all"