Vol. 3 CH. 4 - Returning the favor

PART #1

Queen Isabella had recovered, the royal family had finally officially announced the comeback of the Queen. It was three days after the incident. Because no one knew who tried to attack Kuro and the others, the investigation still didn't have any progress. And since the thing that attack was a Wraith, it was impossible to determine who sent it.

So since there was no use in trying to find an evil spirit, King Verdik decided to announce the return of Queen Isabella. That truth was that, it was Lucinda that was acting the Queen while Queen Isabella was recuperating from her sickness.

In addition to the great news, King Verdik also publicly introduced Kuro and the others. That they came to Travestin to guard Lucinda during their trip on the way to the Kingdom.

Naturally, the appearance of Demon Spawns in the city caused an outrage. Because standing close to the Royal family was those disgusting races who were born from the Demon God Afvritze.

However, no one reacted violently. Because they could see a giant iron airship was just hovering above the castle. It wasn't from the Royal family, it was the one Kuro and the others used.

So this was the problem.

Aside from the hiding Magic Iron Knights, the golem workers were present during the announcement. The thin humanoid shape golems with no faces. They weren't something delightful to see.

Their figures was that of humans. But the appearance alone wasn't something good for night's sleep. It was the stuff of nightmares for anybody.

Those faceless golems. There were under Kuro's command. Though the captain was given the right as well, it was Kuro that was controlling them directly.

And so, upon Lucinda's request, Kuro made them move. Because the kingdom walls were in a poor condition, Lucinda had Kuro order the Worker golems to fix the walls.

This was only for the sake of not letting the golems be seen as a threat. There was already the Magic Iron Knights so Kuro didn't mind using the Worker golems for Lucinda. She was, after all, none other that Kyoushiro's first wife.

Then after the announcement, the next tasks were up to Queen Isabella to do. Since everyone else were guests, there was nothing else for Kuro and the others to do.

Lucinda and Mikoto are together always and since Niya and the two kids, Rea and Lea were standing on guard as well, Kuro and Nero didn't need to stay with them.

So while there was nothing but peace for the moment, Kuro and Nero remained on standby.

"Hey Commander, shouldn't we at least let the Mordred land? It's been flying around for four days straight now"

Nero was overseeing the training of the Black Army unit that Kuro brought along with the said person. However, unlike Kuro who was properly instructing his men, Nero was just laying on the ground while yawning.

"There's nothing to land in"

"Then why not just make it?"

"Do you think the people here will let us make a Sky port for Mordred? Of course not"

They were in a human land where guys like Kuro and Nero weren't very well like because of the color of their hair and eyes. It wouldn't be surprising if one or two mobs would come and chase them out of the city for trying to make a building near their city.

Kuro could already see some Knights scowling at his men in training.

"Even if we get permission, I don't want Mordred to be boarded by any of those guys"