Vol. 3 CH. 1 - The kingdom of Travestin

Vol. 3 CH. 1 — The Kingdom of Travestin.

PART #1

On board the battleship Mordred, Lucinda was inside one of ship's many rooms. Though it would be best if she had used one of those commercial type magic airships like the Cruise ship Milan, the battleship Mordred was more suitable for speedy travel.

Based on the image of the large cruisers on earth, Mordred was a type of ship that can launch several magic missiles and fire off lasers from ts turrets. However, unlike its other counter parts, Mordred was designed for immediate response. As such, there were rooms in the ship that was luxurious for someone of Lucinda's level.

"My lady, is there something bothering you perhaps?"

A cat eared maid asked so while brushing Lucinda's golden hair. The maid was a black cat type beastmen, long haired, slim body with long legs. If this were earth, she would have been a famous super model based on her looks and figure. But as she was deemed as part of the Demon Spawns of this world, she had a hard time living in other countries.

Her name was Niya. She works as the ruins of Ambrosia's first defense corps led by a small group of vigilante. Niya had also worked with Kuro before, however, for whatever reason there was, they doesn't seem to get along.

Lucinda showed a wry smile as Mordred sail through the sky. The soft looking clouds outside the window was a pleasant sight, calming down anyone who see them.

However, Lucinda felt something was wrong.

"Niya, I had this feeling that something bad is happening"

"Bad?"

"Yes"

Niya tilted her head in wonder. She doesn't understand why Lucinda would feel like that when they were inside one of Kyoushiro's battleships. What's more, Kuro brought along a small unit under his command as well as a hundred or so Magic Knight Golems. Not only that,there were also construction golems which would be used to set up a new base on Travestin. Something like an embassy of sorts.

With this much guards around Lucinda, added by Mordred's firepower, it would be enough to make her feel more secure than travelling on an ordinary magic airship.

"Kyoushiro-sama..... it feels like something will happen to him"

"But his majesty is strong. I'm sure he'll be alright"

For someone like Kyoushiro, a curse or two was nothing. In fact, he even faced Kuro which was clearly stronger than him in the past and won. Even Niya couldn't win against Kyoushiro.

What's more, he even defeated a Demon Lord already. That much fact proves that Kyoushiro can hold a candle on his own against strong opponents.

"I know that but....."

"Lucinda-sama, it is best if you place your trust in his majesty. He might not clearly show it but, he cares for those who are important to him"

Advancement in magic technology as well as magic battleships capable of decimating thousands of cities in an instant. If you add his, magic artifacts, golems and other inventions, it was safe to say that he was putting the lives of those who believes in him first.

Niya reassures Lucinda that no matter what happens, Kyoushiro would come back.

"His majesty is by no means weak. That is why, it is best to simply trust him. You may be apart but I'm sure your hearts will connect with one another"

"I shall bring your afternoon tea, place wait here for the moment" Niya added, before stopping her hands and placing the brush on the table next to her. Niya then bowed slightly before leaving the room.