Vol. 2 CH. 13 - Kings

PART #1

For the moment, the search for the missing princess was completed. Kyoushiro, the heroes and the rest of elves Knights and soldiers were now heading back to Caladium. Now that the mission was complete, there was nothing left to do.

Was what how everything should have ended but there was still one last thing before everything was done.

It was arresting Pernicious Caladium for the act of high treason and rebellion. Princess Lydia already confessed everything regarding her involvement in Pernicious' schemes. Her words held authenticity since she was the next high elf Queen.

The rest of elves had themselves surrounding the princess. It was for her protection as well and since they were still inside the forest, there was a high possibility of monsters attacking.

But for whatever reason there is, none of the sort came.

Everyone had been walking for hours now and neither a sound nor presence of monsters appeared nearby them. Only small creatures, like birds, rabbits and squirrels run about from time to time.

Kyoushiro had asked Koizumi what they've been doing before they arrived at the site. According to Koizumi, he was with Katsuto when they arrived at the same target base and left to deal with the rest.

As one would expect, the two encountered two of Ernest Vern's heavenly kings. The mutated creatures were tough enough to make heroes retreat. To the point that even Katsuro went "They were pain in the arse!" while making a face filled with rage.

It seems that they faced a duo of leaders. One could extend himself like a rubber and act like a snake while the other was more a slime with thousands of eyes inside it.

Just one would expect from mutated human, their transformations were too gruesome....

Minami fought one as well. The only difference was that this heavenly king wasn't much of a fighter. Rather, he was an undead. He became a lich after ingesting the drug directly, killing him for overdosing. Minami was a Healer so purifying such monster was easy for her.

But the person in question said "If anything, I didn't like what they did" while showing a dark expression. It seems that as a woman, she detest what she witnessed in some of the bases she and her elf escorts raided.

In all honesty, what Ernest Vern did was truly inhumane. Even by Demon Lord standards, what he did seemed to have been over the top. Lady Snow admitted that even in the past, many like Ernest Vern resorted to artificial strength, but in the end, they did no tried to used it one themselves, much less human beings.

Speaking of which, Lady Snow already left. It seems that she decided that sticking around for too long wasn't a good idea and left almost immediately. Koizumi, Katsuto and Minami were wary of the 3rd Demon Lord's reason for sticking around for such a long time with Kyoushiro, thinking that she was spying on them rather than helping.

Kyoushiro vouched for Lady Snow. After all, he did received some help in raided Ernest Vern's fortress. The elves however, they really just doesn't like the idea of Kyoushiro coming with them so they just didn't talked to him for the rest of the way. Likewise, Kyoushiro ignored them with the best of his abilities. The only problem was that the Female elf knights that Kyoushiro rescued was sticking close him.

Surprisingly, even Elyria found herself in Kyoushiro's company. The evolved elves had changed their races from [Elf] to [Forest Nymphs] which was kind of surprising. They even high access to powerful magic and can even use the power of spirits more easily than other elves can.