Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - The wastelands and the refugee filled with people like me.....

Part #1

Several days after the ship arrived from the wastelands, many things happened. After the ship landed, Arianne immediately seated herself as the new governor of the wasteland's former kingdom, Aurolius. However the thing surprised me wasn't the refugee camp, but the whole size of the former kingdom.

The ruined castle sat on top on a huge stoned mountain. The capital city were below it. It was a site where beautiful stoned ruins were placed, unoccupied towers with glorious height and the walls of the once good fort of Aurolius. The broken city was being used by the people who were casted off by their countries, due to their appearances.

Surprisingly, not all the humans with black hair and dark eyes were here. There were werewolves with the same color of fur and eyes there as well, demi-humans with the same situation were living amongst them. Almost all of the race of this world were here with the same color they have as me.

The previous governor didn't actually left to some place but was killed due to the oppression he was doing to the refugees. I was told that many of the woman here were raped and killed by him so the guy that killed him were one of the family that was killed. Thankfully, he was on Arianne's side. He didn't opposed Arianne's petition as the next governor since she has blood of the former royalty of the land.

The only condition was that the lives of the people here improve. They wished for stable homes, edible food and drinkable water, and safety of their lives. Since the wastelands house the most dangerous and deadly demonic beasts that this world has ever seen.

Naturally, Arianne accepted it but, the one who will be doing those things were me. Since I was their 'Hero', I am supposed to do all those things. I gave Arianne a hand chop to the head because of her unreasonableness, though because of it, I ended up listening to her cries.

The land was reformed immediately with my [Transmutation] skill but because it wasn't enough, [Magic Manipulation] came in handy. I asked Arianne about that skill before I started the land reformation. She said that it manipulates the magic power so that a person could use magic without any chanting. I was also told that only demonic beasts and magic beasts has it. I didn't know why I have it but, since it was practically usefull, I ended up practicing it.

But, due to using it quite a bit to fix the barren soil, I gained new skills that were useful to the job...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Kyoushiro Kagami
17 Yrs old
Male
Job class: - - - - -
Lvl: 90

STR: 70
AGI: 66
DEF: 66
MAG: 88
RES: 66

Skills: Language Aquisition, Appraisal, Transmutation, Metal Forging, Mineral Processing, Magic Infusion, Magic Manipulation, Magic Seer, Enchant, Earth Manipulation, Soil reforming, Soil conversion.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

[Earth Manipulation] skill made it easy to turn the dried up soil back to it's former glory. There was also a water vein under the earth so I made it so that it goes up and flows from the dried up river. After that, water wasn't a problem anymore. I cautioned them to boil it first to avoid getting sick due the bacteria and microbes it has after staying under ground for so long so, I had them wait until the water clears up it's color and get washed down to the ocean.

The city was.....well, I had to remodel almost all of it and made it is so that it was sturdy against earth quakes. I used my knowledge to create buildings sufficient enough to hold multiple families. Of course, the former buildings.... I remade them, about 30% of the former city has been remade and what's left was the other men clearing out the debris from the last attack of demonic beasts back then.