Vol. 3 CH. 3 - Unseen

PART #1

8 trucks left the battleship Mordred. They carried supplies for the ground team while the rest were stored within Mordred. As for where those trucks were right now, they were hidden under the camouflage barrier erected by the Golem workers.

Right now, there were some knights looking where those large mysterious crates of iron had gone to. Since it was big, they thought it would be easy to find them.

However, there was no luck.

"It's no used, where did that thing go?"

One of the bribed knights grumbled. They searched the whole area near the castle as well as the ones outside. However, they couldn't find those trucks.

"Is this even worth it though? I've heard that those Demon Spawns are under that criminal Hero right? He's even Princess Lucinda's husband"

"Quiet. Everyone knows that the damned criminal hero only forced himself onto her Highness. They're only trying to make use of her Highness"

"But aren't those black armored guys there to protect her Highness? I've seen wandering around the castle earlier, they looked strong"

"It's only because of those armors. Now get back to work!"

The knights here were all bribed. The potential riches they could get by stealing those 8 trucks would go far beyond the capabilities of the kingdom to pay for. Those wheelless carts, they were made with a technology based on the hero's world. Surely, anyone would want to buy such thing. Even the things inside might be worth a fortune.

"Damn, there were those thin looking golems too right? I'm sure they are with those black iron crates"

The one leading the search was getting annoyed. Because those golems were too many to not stand out at all yet they couldn't find even a shadow if it.

There was no used in looking for them, they might have returned to that rumored airship in the sky. The leading knight sighed and stopped the search.

*Thunk*

"Huh?"

There was a metallic noise as he raised his right hand to signal to stop the search. As he turned around, he saw an iron bulk of armor standing behind him.

"!?"

It wasn't the trucks they were looking. It was one of those large golems that flew up in the sky....

"Shi—"

The man's words were cut off as the Magic Iron Knight, who was hiding within the shadows using the [Light Magic — «Light Bending] effect inscribed within its ability core, use its large fist to hit the man unconscious.

"What that?!"

"W-What is that?!"

The odd number of knights suddenly fell into panic. One by one, new Magic Iron Knights golem appeared in the shadows of the night. With one hit to the head, their targets were immediately neutralized. No one died, but they won't remember what happened once they wake up.

Once more, the Magic Iron Knight golems blended into the shadows. As though it was just a group of drunk soldiers passing out on a street, no one thought there wasn an abnormality within the area....

———

Because the Queen had returned back to health, the whole castle was bustling. However, her recovery wasn't announced yet to the public. This private celebration was a small one only for those closely involved.