Vol. 2 CH. 18 - Epilogue: The new beginning

Vol. 2 CH. 18 Epilogue: The new beginning

PART #1

The sky was ever so clear that day that it was questionable whether it would even rain. The wind blew passed the meadows softly, brushing across the wheat fields in the farm lands. Between the fences that carefully placed around the wheat fields, a fine road stretched out everywhere.

Houses lined up and villagers peacefully go on with their days with a smile.

The trace of a barren wasteland has already faded away, replaced by a wide green plain as wide as the eye can see. Rivers flowed from outside the walls of the Ambrosia's capital city.

There was only a quiet land filled with nice people there. There were no monsters.

"Hey, did you hear? The human princess gave birth to a princess! An heir was born!"

A farmer, joyously told such news with a wide smile. He held his sickle and chopped the stalk bundles of wheat he had once planted. His fellow farmers did so as well in zeal.

"Which one?"

"Is it Queen Arianne?"

The farmers spoke about the would be wives of their king, Kyoushiro Kagami, the person that saved and improved their lives. There were rumors that Kyoushiro brought a princess from outside Ambrosia. Although they did got a glimpse of the rumored princess, they did not know if she was pregnant or not.

Well, the Queen of Ambrosia herself was with the rumored princess so the rumors about an heir being born was probably true.

The farmer shook his head left and right.

"It was Princess Lucinda... the next Queen of Travestin! Their heir has been born! And a cute one at that!!"

"You're speaking as though you've seen the child"

"Yeah, don't tell me you've actually seen the kid?"

"No, of course not. But Lord Kuro said it himself when he announced the news the other day"

"Heh.... Lord Kuro huh? That guy that personally serves Kyoushiro-sama.... I guess it is true"

"Of course it is!!"

Kuro, the general that serves Kyoushiro Kagami as his sword and shield, had publicly announced the birth of a new princess. It was rather sudden and the news actually gave everyone a surprise. After all, they didn't expected that the child would be born early. Moreover, it wasn't from Queen Arianne but from Princess Lucinda of the Travestin Kingdom.

Even with that however, everyone accepted. It was after all, from a woman that helped protect their home.

"Well, we get that, but will the new born princess be an heir to this kingdom or the other?"

That was one of the problem. But would brooding over it would get their job done? The farmers resume their work, leaving the other farmer that came with good news, by himself.

"No.... I'm sure that child will go to Travestin. She is the daughter of it's next Queen"

"Hey, I didn't expected you to do this much. But was it alright?"

Back in Calladium, Kyoushiro and Koizumi both watched Pernicious get sentenced to death by beheading. They were watching the whole event, behind the large crowd at the center of the city. Princess Lydia was standing a few meters away from the guillotine where Pernicious was kneeling. Having no arms nor legs, he couldn't even struggle from his straps.