Vol. 3 CH. 2 - Letters from home

PART #1

The group lead by Lucinda had arrived grandly at the castle grounds. The limousine that had all the members of this trip was garnering quite the attention to the nobles.

Kuro, representing the Ambrosia kingdom was making a smug face. After all, the car they just rode in was received popularly by many.

Nero was standing guard by Lucinda with Rea and Lea. Niya was quietly standing behind Lucinda.

"Lucinda..... welcome home"

"Father, I am glad to be back. Are you doing well?"

"Yes... Is what I would like to say but the current situation of the kingdom is...."

King Verdik was just an acting ruler. While the queen was resting due to her illness, it would fall upon Lucinda's responsibility to properly take over the throne temporarily. However, as she chose to stay with Kyoushiro until he left to another country, she couldn't fulfill her duties as the next queen.

The father who Lucinda had last seen as healthy and calm looking now looked like he was at his wit's end. Dishevelled hair and bags under his eyes. His cheeks were shallow and his eyes were sunken.

It was evident that King Verdik was really stressed for a long time now.

"The situation worsened when you left Lucinda. We don't know how this all happened"

"I see.... I apologize for my long leave of absence father. For the moment, I would like to have my company to rest in the castle. I also wished to see mother, if possible"

"Alright"

Lucinda was back in her work mode. Pretty much like her mother, Lucinda was fast when acting on a job. Though her current appearance was that of a woman on a wheel chair, she still hadn't lost her touch as the next queen.

King Verdik nodded at Lucinda's request. Although there were nobles around them showing a dissatisfied expressions, no one voiced out any complaints.

They were just watching on the sidelines, biting down their tongues and watching as the everything proceeds.

"My! Welcome back, Lucinda-sama. I believed that you have received my letter?"

It was just then, at the top for the castle staircase, the royal adviser Welmner, appeared. He clapped his hands slowly as he descends down the staircase.

"Royal Adviser..... I believed the letter you have sent me is real? It reached the wasteland quite easily, even into my hands no less"

"I have a very helpful friend to lend me a hand"

Welmner smiled. Considering the fact that he was able to send a letter to Lucinda in a place filled with Demon Spawns, it felt odd that the letter itself reached her. One of the reason was that, the wasteland was full of strong monsters and secondly, there was no one in their right mind would come to a place where all the Demon Spawns were chased out to, stays.

Lucinda even though that Arianne might have written the letter herself but that didn't really sunk in Lucinda since Arianne has nothing against Lucinda.

For Welmner to say he had a friend help him, that person might have been a lunatic.

"Has my mother, the Queen been fairing well?"

"She had fainted a few times more even after waking up the first time. We had already the experts in the castle look into her sickness but there was no further findings"