Vol. 2 CH. 10 -Monster battle spree

Vol. 2 CH. 10 –Monster battle spree

PART #1

Ernest Vern had finally obtained what he had wished, power.

Power beyond any could ever grasp and power that any man could ever beat. His body had transformed and not only that, his stats have increased 10 times that of a normal human. His body may be grotesque but it was a sacrifice worth taking.

Describing his figure, he was a 10 foot giant. Large arms that could crush boulders, powerful legs that could make the earth rumble and a body so robust that not even swords nor arrows could ever pierced. Ernest Vern had lost his human flesh, only to be replaced by a dark grey color that resembles steel. His teeth turned into large fangs and his eyes grew in numbers; four of them blinked as the dust from the ceiling fell down on his face.

Ernest Vern was human no more but a monster that could even rival that of a new Demon Lord.

A grin, showing his fangs, appeared on his maniacal face. He was happy, for the men he had trusted had followed him even to his own transformation. In front of him was an army of giants, half-spiders, ogres, green skinned orcs that nearly resembles men, half-snake creatures, bi-pedal bat that was around 1.5 meter tall, blobs, and even black skinned goblins.

His army was numerous, hiding under the old fortress that was once used to slay a Demon Lord, it was an army that more destructive than any monster army had ever existed.

"Kukuku... looks like rescue had come for you, elven princess"

Ernest Vern's monstrous voice echoed within the underground cave as he mentioned the lady gasping for air inside a cage right next to his right shoulder.

"D-Damn you... I-I will never...ugh..."

The captive princess cursed Ernest Vern as she resists the powerful effects of the drug she had inhaled for days now.

It was a drug that was from the scales of an old Demon Lord, crushed and mixed with unknown herbs then turned into a drug that could mutate those who inhales it. That was the cause for most of Ernest Vern's men, even the captive elf princess, Lydia Demius Flowerchild; the next elf queen that was supposed to undergo through the Moon Dance Ceremony.

Unlike her beautiful elf self, her flesh as convulsing with pinkish blush and her emerald green hair had lost its color and turned to pure white. Under the shadow of a curtain covering the cage, her face can't be seen but her quivering voice echoes...

"Those silly elf knights are still holding off their mutation. It looks like all elves were made tough. Quite unexpected"

"Damn you monster!! We elves will never let ourselves be taken over by such disgusting side effects!!"

"Humph" Ernest Vern snorted through his nose.

"Your resilience is indeed commendable. If only you were to accept my offer as my queen, then you'll suffer no more" Ernest Vern added, thinking that the elf princess's tough hide was worthy of praise.

"I would rather marry dirt than to be wed to you!! Argh...!! Ugh...No!!" But Lydia still showed a strong refusal on her side but as the pain of the mutation was making her bones break and her flesh tear, Lydia howled in pain.

Ernest Vern laughed haughtily as he heard the feeble scream of a mutating princess...

"HAHAHAHA!! How is it your highness?! The pain that makes your body turns from the inside out!"

"Just....Just DIE!!" Lydia cursed in defiance to Ernest Vern's taunting shouts.

This had gone for days already and Lydia was nearing her limits. Was it even worth it to fight even though she has no chance of living?