Vol. 2 CH. 17 - The cruelty of the Elves

Vol. 2 CH. 17 The cruelty of the Elves

PART #1

The monolith crystal cracked, releasing it's stored magic power and ending the Ascension of the elves spell. The sky, although the magic circle drawn under the moonlight, the blue color hue which was dispersing was incredibly wonderful.

"Hahahha! Finally! I am now a High elf king!!"

Pernicious proudly proclaimed, feeling the power coursing through his body, further increasing the previous amount he had since birth.

"Ooh!! Finally.... with this I am!!"

"I am....I am now a high elf!!"

"Uuooh!! Glory to the king of the high elves!!"

The elder elves soon followed. Their faces, painted with ecstasy and pride that their laughter's and cheers made a horrible sound. It was like the bellows of demons in the underworld, it did not felt pleasant at all.

Elfianna, looking at such sight, trembled. They have lost, the world will end with Pernicious ruling it.

Tears rolled down her cheeks, falling down on to her well endowed chest sliding down to the nearly exposed pink bud.

The Ascension of elves was complete. No one would help the now.

"SOOOORYAAAAA!!!*

" WHAT!?"

A flash of light came like a bullet, hurling towards the cracked monolith crystal. The roar of the person, who clenched his fist and delivered a finishing blow, turned the monolith crystal, made of pure condensed magic crystal, into mere chunks of rocks.

"We came just in time!!"

Katsuto stood there, fist held high like a champion who had won a match. A wide smile appeared on his rough face.

Koizumi, Minami, Edsel, Elyria and Durif came following suit.

"Your plans ends now, Pernicious!" Elyria said, demandingly. "The heroes are here to stop you!"

"Stop what?! You are quite too late, oh great Knight"

"!?"

White hair streamlining down to his back, blue eyes and four pointed ears. Transparent membranous wings sprouted out from his back with antlers like horns grew out from both side of his temple.

Pernicious daringly turned, smiling, as he had achieved his long dream of becoming a high elf king.

Elyria's eyes widened. It was not just one, but everyone of Pernicious's cohorts had the same appearance.

A terrifying sight. Elyria drew her sword to protect her Queen.

"Damn it.... we did not came early enough to stop them" Elyria looks down as she regretted not being on time.

"No, we came just in time" Koizumi said, wielding his spear and pointing at the city below.

Unlike Pernicious and the elder elves, there were no change in the city. The escaping elves just ran as monsters of misshapen shapes and sizes chased after them. Smoke rose as fires from buildings, caused by the chaos around the city. Tendrils grip out from the earth, capturing elves and draining them of their vitality until they withered and die.

The rest of the soldiers came to their rescue of course. But the sheer numbers of monsters were just too much. Added by the powerful and thick sizes of the protruding roots from the [World Eater], they were barely even doing anything.