Vol. 4 CH. 8 - The figure of a hero (2)

Vol. 4 CH. 8 — The figure of a hero (2)

PART #1

After arriving at the gates, Kyoushiro lead the three to the throne room. Accompanied by a single maid, the four people, Kyoushiro, Elyria, Corralia and Finnick made their way through the halls.

As expected to those that never seen the insides of the Ambrosian castle was struck by awe. Not one candle light can be seen lighting up the place. The chandeliers, the torches and the candleholders that used candles as a way of lighting wasn't present. Instead, the halls were decorated by beautiful crystal like light bulbs.

On top of that, there was a pleasant air blowing in the halls.

It wasn't like other castles where there were shadows in every corner of the halls and rooms.

Corralia in particular was impressed by such lighting.

"Amazing.... I have never seen such artifact before...."

Even in Oceanus, the lighting medium were magic stones that had been crafted into a light bulb. The light weren't bright and hardly can be used underwater. However, the lighting in this castle was bright enough to light up one section pleasantly.

"Say Nii-chan, do you really know the Queen of this country?"

On the side, Finnick was just curious about Kyoushiro. The person never did told him about who he was and what kind person was he since he know such high ranking person in land.

Kyoushiro didn't say anything. Elyria answered in his stead.

"Believe it or not Finnick-kun, this person is this country's Queen'shusband"

"Eh!? Seriously?! I didn't know you were a king too Nii-chan!!"

"Tsk" Kyoushiro clicked his tongue as he denied the role as king.

"I'm not. Don't give him any ideas of who I am"

"Hmph, you say that but you also have two other wives. One was another Queen of different country and the other is a hero"

"Seriously!? That's so cool nii-chan!!"

"......."

Finnick couldn't help but be impressed. The person before him was someone great enough to have two Queens on each arm and one hero on his back. There was not much people there that could have such luxury like him.

For Kyoushiro, the three wives were just pretenses he had just accepted because he gave up correcting people. Lucinda was indeed his wife and Mikoto was sort of his girlfriend? Kyoushiro was still wasn't sure how to name their relationship. As for Arianne, he just couldn't reject her after all the help she provided.

The maid, who has been walking behind Kyoushiro let out a chuckle. For her, this sort of topic had already been established and it was only Kyoushiro who was still mulling over it. Of course, everyone knows Arianne was more or less obsessed with Kyoushiro. How that happened was another story but it was worth mentioning considering the two helped each other established this country.

"His majesty is a bit sensitive around that topic so please be careful when talking about it"

Those were the words of the maids as she escorted the four to the throne room.

"This is enough, you can prepare some rooms for these guys for now. I'll talk with Arianne first"

"Are they staying for tonight?"

"Something like that. I don't want to hear from people that I don't accommodate guests where I live"

"Fufufu.... certainly"