Vol. 2 CH. 12 - A path untrodden

PART #1

I was inside a dark space. The pain allover my whole body, turning all my senses numb, have disappeared. Everything was dark and muffled. It was as if something was covering my ears. I couldn't feel anything. It was like I was suspended in midair. All that remained was my breathing going in and out of my body.

Then, as if shook me awake, my eyes automatically opened....

"Looks like you fell asleep Kyoushiro. Were you tired after playing with Daddy all day?"

I was surprised. In front of me was my mother. Always smiling and kind, my mother was caressing my head as I lay down on her lap.

"Kaa-san...."

"Yes, Okaa-san is right here Kyoushiro"

She was smiling, that face of hers, how long have I last seen her like that? I can't remember. This air of hers, her touch as she caressed my head and that warm feeling she always gives off. I've forgotten how long it's been since I felt such thing.

My mother Kyouka Kagami, was alive and well in front of me.

"Sorry honey, we played too much didn't we?"

"No don't worry, Kyoushiro seems fine. He just woke up is all"

Father was there as well. We're inside our old car. Father was driving but I. an see him looking at the rear mirror in front of him. This voice of his.... it was really my father. It was always deep and rough but it was soothing and soft whenever he sings a lullaby.

I can still remember him singing songs for my mother back then. It was a fun time for the rest of us. Even though both were busy in their work, both took their time to take care of me.

I miss them.... I miss them but....

"Tou-san.... Kaa-san....why are you two here?"

"Err.... well, isn't it because we're on vacation? It's your birthday right?"

"What's wrong champ? Still tired from running around?"

"N-No I...."

I was.... I was where exactly? I can't remember why I passed out. It only feels like I just came from a fight to the death with some kind of monster. My heart, why is it beating so fast? Why am I....

"What's wrong dear? You look pale"

"A-Ah no.... I..."

I'm fine right? I'm still alive. My mother is right here beside me, father is driving and it's....

"It's my.... birthday?"

A cold sweat dripped down from my chin as I remembered today's date. November 13th.... This was the day it all started. My sufferings, my pain, my agony.... Everything that has happened to me for the past 10 years, it all started to this day.

And right now, we're inside our car heading towards the hotel we would be staying. It was the place where my parents will die.

"Stop...."

"Kyoushiro?"

"S-Stop the car!! Don't go to the hotel!! Let's just go home!!"

"Kyoushiro?! What's wrong!?"

As I raised my voice, Kaa-san and Tou-san were startled. Tou-san immediately pulled over an parked our car for a moment and looked at the back of his seat. From where I was, he looked huge. Kaa-san also, they were bigger than I remember. But that isn't important right now!!