Vol. 3 CH. 18 - A Demon Lord's Intervention and the Chaos Princess

Vol. 3 CH. 18 — A Demon Lord's Intervention and the Chaos Princess

PART #1

"Hmmm..... It's been a while since I left my castle. The annoying rat finally but to think I'd see the cursed legion again after so many years"

Outside the city, way past the towns and villages that was left burned and barren by monsters, a man clad in classy 18th century noble clothes was floating crossed legged in the air. In his hand was a cup of tea and plates of pastries floating around with him.

His blonde hair was swept back, flowing softly with the wind above 1200 meters up in the air and his shining pair of red eyes gleamed before the setting sun.

But that was not he was staring at.

The inky black mud moving lively like slime was marching towards the direction of the Travestin Kingdom. Figures the formed and deformed groaned as they reached on forward as they moved.

1st Demon Lord of the Night, Vampire King Vlad.

The one who was known as the first ever Demon Lord to be born looked down with a mischievous smile on his face.

"That minx of woman, she told me to visit the wrong place. To think I'd be meeting with an old army that once crawled out from Shub–Niggurath's blood"

"My Lord, is there any reason why we came to this place?"

Another Vampire stood right behind Vlad as the Lord of the Night gazed down on the putrid slime enroaching the region. The trees slowly decayed and the grassed burned. The earth turned black as if a large shadow was being overcast.

The servant of King Vlad looked skeptical at the disgusting sludged moving forward slowly.

"I only came to check in a hero. I've heard he's quite the fighter"

Demon Lord Vlad took one sip of his tea and savored the light of the setting sun. Warmth slowly left his skin as the the orange sun sinking on the other side of the horizon.

"Is this about what Lady Snow mentioned? About the hero that defeated Demon Lord Kakal?"

"Yes. I was thinking of checking him out. See if he would be willing to join under my rule but that sly ice woman told me a different place"

The 3rd Demon Lord had told Demon Lord Vlad about Kyoushiro. That was because heroes that bested a Demon Lord are beings that cannot be ignored. It wasn't for a bad reason like the Demon Lord would be scared of them. Rather, it was the opposite.

Demon Lord's sees Heroes as worthy opponents to test their current strength. As the Heroes are people blessed by the gods in order to defeat the Demon Lords, Vlad and the rest of 13 Demon Lords are always expecting a good fight from them.

Kyoushiro, who defeated Demon Lord Kakal, which was the annoying one of the bunch, was someone that received the attention of other Demon Lords. The Soul Eater, Demon Lord Vraheim as one of them.

Although the strife between Demon Lords were just mere shows of battles that showcases their power to prove who was stronger, a fight between a Demon Lord and Hero was different.

For the 13 Demon Lords, it was their pride to face a Hero in battle.

"But I have heard that Lady Snow had already visited that Hero my Lord?"

"She did indeed. Annoying as that ice sprite may be, she moves far quickly than me. I'm sure she already made contact with him"

Just before Lady Snow left Vlad's caslte, she had mentioned visiting the hero once to see if he was worthy of battle. Just that, she didn't mentioned anything beyond that. Vlad had decided to visit the hero as well, thinking that the place he would be in was Travestin.