Vol. 4 CH. 4 - A different perspective

PART#1

After leaving their luggages in the rooms they were provided, Kyoushiro and the rest explored the beautiful city of Oceanus. Though, the only tourist here we're Kyoushiro and Elyria. Elyria had never travelled far beyond the ocean before. The only ship she had rode once was Phirous when Kyoushiro was being escorted. Elyria had travelled as Queen Elfianna's bodyguard before but never did she stepped off far beyond land.

In her eyes, this city that was gleaming with vigor and activities was like a different world.

As for Kyoushiro, the odd looks he was having as he watched fished headed people walk by, or giant muscle-bound sharks like body builders on earth, and those mermaids he looked at the shore transforming their tails into legs as they ascend from the surface was like a man seeing a freak show, wondering just how in the world those things work.

Well, in this world, magic and skills exist. Thus, such thing were indeed possible.

The most interesting part was the monk like man with a goldfish for a head that just passed him. Seeing such funny looking face, Kyoushiro couldn't help but be amused for a bit.

The kids running around were all kinds of sea folk Demi-humans. Some had turtle shell, some had a horn like a sword fish and some had eight legs like octopuses or squids. It was indeed refreshing to see.

All Kyoushiro have met were dwarve, elves and humans as well as beastmen in Ambrosia. Although in his case, Kyoushiro could only get used to in seeing them in the wasteland which was full of monsters.

"Say, what kind of food do you guys eat here? I don't see any trading ships around to exchange goods after all"

Kyoushiro asked as he glanced a restaurant serving raw seafood. There was even a clam like person eating an oyster, which was quite surreal if your think about it.

"Isn't it obvious? Seafood"

Katsuto answered blatantly, stating the obvious to Kyoushiro.

"That isn't what I meant. Like other things! Meat! vegetables or the like! Isn't seafood basically...."

"Fufufu, please don't worry. Even if we are people of the sea are pretty much the same once we eat, we don't see them as our kind with how different our appearance to them"

It was easy to say that orcs doesn't mind eating pig since their animals or sharks it smaller fish because it's food. Humans eat cattle and it's relatively normal on earth. There wasn't any difference between the two.

Kyoushiro acknowledge that but seeing a seal type Demi-human and shark type Demi-human standing close to each other wasn't a pretty sight. Ever seen sharks' half eaten seals?

"Well, I guess it is unusual to someone like you, Kagami-sama. Hayato-sama and Sairenji-sama didn't really mind when they first came here though"

"I'm different from those two. The only seafood I eat are fish and dried seaweed"

Being in a family where your relatives doesn't think of you so much and doesn't even treat you to a special meal was hard. A drunkard old uncle that liked to eat a large red crab in front of Kyoushiro when he was just as a child, while not even giving him an ounce of care wasn't a family Kyoushiro would see as great.

All Kyoushiro had ate we're dried fish and dried seaweed when he gets the chance. Even the Yakuza doesn't handout sushi that easily.

"Well, You'll get used to it"

Koizumi chuckled as they turned to a street. There, the group found a tall vertical building with a large hole going down.

"The hell is that?"