Vol. 2 CH. 11 The Skill <Evolution> (PART 2&3)

PART #2

“From this moment on, you’ll be staying here”

The voice of a woman echoes. In front of the child -Kyoushiro- gazed the inside of a house of his aunt; a young child, who had just lost his parents in an accident.

Bandages cover his arms and forehead, covering the wounds he had incurred after the incident happened…

The sight of the crumbling building was still fresh in his eyes and the scent of the blood that had covered him when the slab fell on top of his parents…

“Make sure to be useful for us from now on, alright?”

-

“AAAAAAARGHHH!!!”

Kyoushiro screamed as he forced himself to wake up from a memory he did not want to see. It was the time when he had just escaped from the hands of death…

“Looks like it took a while before it took effect”

“Gah…!! You…what did…. You do?!”

Standing in front of Kyoushiro was Ernest Vern, in a human form, wearing a cocky grin that made Kyoushiro’s blood shot up.

“I didn’t do anything. I wasn’t the one rampaging, killing everything on sight. Those mutated monsters have thick essence of that drug that makes you go insane after all. It’s no wonder you just dropped like that”

“Damn!!” Kyoushiro cursed as he resists the effects of the drug. The incense burned down to ash was the drug itself. Without knowing that, Kyoushiro had been drenched in blood of every mutated monster that had ingested that drug.

Even on opened wounds, the effects of the drug had deeply rooted inside Kyoushiro’s veins. The potency of such thing was terrifying.

“Even someone as strong as you can be put down by that drug”

“Just…kh… keep talking… d-damn…ngh..!? Four-eyes…”

Kyoushiro’s body convulsed. Every muscle in his body was pulsating as thought they had hearts of their own. The pain of his bones getting crushed, his organs getting mauled inside and his sense of pain went up so high that blood had dripped from every hole possible on his body.

His heart beat faster by the minute and as Ernest Vern, the giant that wielded two great battle-axes and the leader of the group of monsters, held one of his axes on one hand, a cold sweat dripped down Kyoushiro’s cheek.

“You bit off more than you can chew”

Ernest Vern held the battle-axe next to Kyoushiro’s neck.

“Now you’ll pay the price for trespassing in my domain”

“Hah…! This land doesn’t even belongs to you… monster”

A sarcastic remark left Kyoushiro’s quivering lips. His complexion had become pale due to the pain he was feeling right now. Hanging on the single thread of his consciousness, Kyoushiro taunted the giant before him.

It was a foolhardy move. Ernest Vern even thought so for himself.

“Humph, let’s see how that attitude of yours works in hell”

Ernest Vern raised his battle-axe above his head, attempting to cleave of Kyoushiro’s cranium from the center. A silent wind drafted about…

“A breeze, here?”

One of Ernest Vern’s giant henchmen reacted as they felt a wind pass under their legs.

“You look like crap there, Black hero”