Vol. 4 - Ch. 13 - Interests

Vol. 4 – Ch. 13 – Interests

PART #1

There are monsters called Giants. They are over 7 meters tall, has long arms and slouched back. They have elongated heads and long beards. They often carry clubs or maces made of boulders and stones but they sometimes seen not using any weapons. Their arms are enough to substitute catapults and their sheer size threatens even other monsters such as orcs and ogres.

What makes the 7th Demon Lord different from this Giants was that he was not a mindless monster. He was a human being that never stopped growing and obtained a long life after eating one of the hearts of the Hydra King Ruxtorth.

Furthermore more, the Giants that only follow Titan King Erbernd were the ones that recognizes strength. It was an army based only on the strongest men.

And in face of those Giants, dwarves are more like ants. With their small stature, it would be relatively easy for Giants to step on dwarves that are half the size of human men.

At the South outposts where the 134th Garrison was stationed, the figure of the Titan King Erbernd walking pass the trees just below the cliff was something anyone would be alarmed off. The 7th Demon Lord was well known for his tenacity, wits and sheer inhumane raw strength. Unlike most Giants that does not posses any magic powers at all, Titan King Erbernd was still growing his.

Because of this, the south outpost quickly alerted the capitol in case the Giants were to attack. Though the walls are high there, Giants would still be able to climb them.

Once this news reached the army division of the Dwvargo Kingdom, the whole army immediately sortied in case an attack were to come. In the past, such attacks happens in surprise that many soldiers and adventurers died after the fight. Reports travelled slowly as the horses in this mountains aren't well trained to handle the rough terrain. Though they did employ aerial carriers but being small and easy to eat by large predators, it became useless overtime as most messages would come later or never arrive at all.

Now, thanks to the communication device that was provided by Kyoushiro Kagami, reports from all outposts came in fast and swift actions would be applied immediately before any disaster strikes.

The walls was quickly filled with musket bearing soldiers. Adventurers went out of the walls to prepare the smaller monsters attacks in case another surge of monsters were to come if the Giants were to attack.

Yuuya Mizushima sighed as he felt his chest tightened. The anxiety he was feeling when he heard about the news of the 7th Demon Lord being sighted outside the South outpost caused his stomach to churn. Though he resisted to vomit the contents of his stomach, the effects of the alcohol were still present in his body. It didn't made him brave or anything else for that matter.

He held the small knives in both hands as tightly as he could as if trying to force the fear inside him from welling up.

"Fuuu....calm down.... I'm a hero.... I can do this"

Yuuya Mizushima chanted so numerous times to fool himself into doing something.

"Oi! Yuuya!"

It was that Kouga Misumi came. His aloof appearance was gone and was replaced by a drunken smile that had still some marks of vomit streaming down his neck. He didn't seemed to have washed and neither was he sober.

Kouga Misumi walked to Yuuya Mizushima like he always do.

"K-Kouga.... you're still drunk?"

"Huh? What's the problem if I'm a little drunk? It's not like I can't fight while I'm drunk!! I'm a hero too! Kagami isn't the only one that can kill a Demon Lord or two!!!"