Vol. 4 CH. 7 - The figure of a Hero

Vol. 4 CH. 7 – The figure of a Hero

PART# 1

Kyoushiro was taken to various places where he could make his [Gate] artifact. With Elyria behind him and Corralia presenting the places where the [Gate] artifact could be set up, Kyoushiro enjoys the scenic view of the ocean.

As one would expect from a place surrounded by sea, the dolphins jumping in and out of the sea was amazing. Kyoushiro hadn't been in vacation for a long time now so such thing felt wonderful.

"Waaaah!! Look Hero-sama! Those Dalphines are doing their fishing dance!"

The kid— Finnick, joined Kyoushiro who was going around the city on a boat.

"There! There! The horned whale just shot up some water!!"

Finnick points at the water sprouts at the distance. Kyoushiro saw it too but the huge ocean cruise ship like whale gave Kyoushiro another punch in the face. That horned whale was big enough to swallow a pirate ship if it wanted to. Just seeing that made Kyoushiro think how outrageous this World's seas were.

Moreover.....

"Why is the kid even here?"

"Eh? I thought you wanted to bring him along?"

"Of course not. Why would I want to bring a kid on a trip like this? I don't even know him"

Kyoushiro looked down at the kid who was enjoying the blowing winds like he was in Titanic. The thought 'Should I push him down and see if he'll float?' crossed Kyoushiro's mind since Finnick was brazen enough to join Kyoushiro in looking for a place he could use to make a port.

Finnick then turned around, with stars in his eyes and ran towards Kyoushiro.

"Hey nii-chan!"

"Who the hell are you calling that? I ain't your nii-chan or anything"

Kyoushiro scowled at Finnick for acting so close with him.

"Eh? Aren't you a hero? You should be happy you're helping a kid like me"

Finnick smacks his fist onto his chest. With a smile proudly saying he was serious. Kyoushiro though, only see a pitiful kid who's head had a few screw loose.

"I won't be responsible if someone will claim I kidnapped you when we get back"

"Don't worry! I'll make sure I'll tell them I'm the Black Hero's right hand man!"

Right hand man he says. Although Kyoushiro was already thinking of throwing the kid overboard, Elyria was sure to object in that. Corralia was just looking at Kyoushiro like he was like some kind ideal personification of a hero just like Finnick.

In truth, the reason why Finnick help himself in joining Kyoushiro was because Elyria kept on telling how he fought two Demon Lords and won, fought off a thousand army of mutated mercenaries and grandly told the two much he had changed a city within three months.

All that Elyria said was exaggerated. However, for the people of this world, the exploits of heroes were one thing to remember as they were currently living in the era where heroes currently exist. It was like meeting an esteemed being herald by the heavens above and watching their actions influence the world with their own eyes.

Furthermore, if someone were to question the personalities of each heroes, Kyoushiro would be the unique one since, out of everyone else, he was still couldn't get used to living in this world.

Sperm whales? This world doesn't have that! Bomber Whales is what this world has! Tentacle monsters? We got all sorts! Pick one and you'll enjoy your day!— It was like the world was some kind retail mall that sells all the weird things that the gods made for entertainment. Even the giant squids have blades for legs and tuna with human limbs were the embodiment of nightmares.