Vol. 2 CH. 6 - The true pain of reality

PART #1

There have been corpses laid upon a field. Standing behind those corpses was a female elf knight that refused to stand down. Her left arm was wounded and blood dripped right from her wound. Furthermore, her armor and clothing were torn here and there.

She held her sword with her right hand, shaking from the weight and the excessive fatigue she had incurred.

It was hopeless; she could not win against such army. But how did such bandits gathered so many members in a mere short period of time? There have been no reports of bandits gathering so much in such small place.

Rather, the place where the bandits should have been was at the old elven fortress and not a field of grass and weeds. There were no traces of houses built here nor there any underground bases.

It was just a simple plain field with nothing in it besides grass, trees and bushes. Weak monsters can be seen watching from a far and strong looking monsters don't seem to appearing.

It was weird...

But they have laid a trap.

The female elf knight, Elyria Rosemary, glared at the army of vile bandits that stood before her. Having fought twenty or so of those men, Elyria had reached her limit. Even if she were to use a strength enhancing skill or a magic item that boosts strength or speed, she doesn't have the power to pull of one last attack.

Elyria was in a bind where she herself couldn't do anything except surrender. However, to such men, Elyria would rather choose death than surrender.

"C-Captain!! Please flea from this place!! We shall hold them back for you!!"

One female elf knight shouted with her intense gaze fixed at the tens of men in front of her. Next to her were remaining comrades that were filled with wounds as well. They too were thinking the same sentiments as her.

Elyria bit her lower lip as she could not help but agree to their wishes.

"Everyone.... I...."

Elyria has no choice. If no word were to reach the capital about the numbers of bandits reaching that of a whole army, the whole city of Caladium would fall into ruins. The heroes might defend against the attack but there was no saying that they would be able to fend off an attack against a large army.

In this place where her comrades had fallen, she chose to flea and return with knowledge. As for her comrades, it was plain to see just what will happen to them.

"I am very sorry, all of you.... May we meet once again, someday..."

"Yes... we too, captain Elyria-sama"

And so Elyria ran. Using most of what strength her legs have left, Elyria ran with all her might back to Caladium. Leaving behind the five comrades that stayed behind to give her some time to get away; no tears fell from her eyes but the blood dripping from her wounds splashed off and reflected the final end of her comrades...

As the blue sky was slowly filling itself with dark linen clouds, the clash of swords ended with blood raining from fallen corpses...

-

Rain fell had from the loud sky and onto the land below. Houses made with wood could only prevent water from entering inside the house and most of the tall buildings in the human settlement were either patched with woodwork so it was questionable whether or not it was enough to defend from the rain.

Kyoushiro had already entered the human settlement by bribing the gate guards with fake gold bars so he and the mother and daughter, Edsel and Dahlia, easily got in the human settlement.