Vol. 1 Ch. 15 - The Gold king returns...

PART # 1

Seeing the current situation of the battlefield, Arianne and Lucinda decided to shoot the large magic particle cannon that were made by Kyoushiro who was currently missing.

Grey smoke rose from the muzzle of the cannon and its pipes. Due to the unfinished mechanisms inside the cannon, many of its converter and output increasing devices were fried. Even though it was still strong enough to shoot a third beam, it was totally unusable now.

"I-I did not expect such firepower..."

Arianne was on the floor while covering her ears. It seems that no one expected the high performance output of the cannon. The feedback of its shots caused shockwaves that made the whole tower tremble. What's more the after effect of the shots that were fired was too loud. Lucinda too covered her ears with her hands but despite that, their ears were still ringing.

"K-Kyoushiro-sama seemed to have overdone it..."

Even Lucinda, the one that supplied the first shot was taken aback by loud shockwaves and noise that made them kneel down. The cannon remained smoking while the two of them were idle.

"The cannon won't function anymore it seems..."

"Lucinda-sama, let's evacuate immediately. The 9th Demon Lord might attack this place once he recovers"

The dome shape light had already disappeared a minute ago. However the dust clouds and smoke that formed there still lingers. Since they were not sure of what happened to the 9th Demon Lord, Arianne proposed to vacate the tower and go back to the command room immediately.

Lucinda nodded her head in agreement. They weren't in a situation where they could stay at one place calmly so she consented as well. Arianne then pushed Lucinda and they head back to the command room where the others were.

-

The heatwave ceased as merely cloud of dusts filled the entire are. Koizumi, Katsuto, Mikoto and Minami were doing their bests to blow away the dusts clouds that formed after the explosion made by the beam that came from the large magic particle cannon.

"Shit... we can't see a damn thing..."

Katsuto cursed. Because there was no wind right now, the dust clouds won't let out for a while. What's more, the visibility right now was very low which made it more dangerous for them to stay.

"Is everyone alright?"

Koizumi worriedly asked...

"Yes... *cough* we're fine"

"Yeah... the shockwave just us made feel uncomfortable"

Mikoto and Minami were still shaken but nevertheless alright. Due to the blast earlier, all of them were blew a few meters away from the 9th Demon Lord Kakal. But thanks to Minami immediately erecting a barrier around all of them, they were safe from the intense shockwave of the blast.

Since everything already settled down and only the dusts covering the entire battlefield was covering their field of vision, they were unable to move from their spot. Even the barrier was still up just in case for an attack.

Strong wind blew from the direction of the Ambrosia.

"Looks like everyone is still doing their bests"

At the walls of Ambrosia, the Magic Division was casting wind magic in order to clear away the dusts that were falling. Even though they were already exhausted, they were still busy making sure that the heroes succeeds in their mission.