Vol. 3 CH. 15 - Oddity....

CH. 15 - Oddity....

PART #1

Inomiri-sensei and Mikoto we're running around the castle, taking down each and every monster that popped out. Occasionally, there were strong ones that needed to be dealt with young powerful skills and spells however most of the time, only skeleton soldiers appeared against them.

Inomiri-sensei and Mikoto fought the last horde of skeletons and managed to liberate 85% of the entire castle. Thankfully, there weren't those Lich Kings that attacked them once.

"Wait, Aizawa-san"

"Hmm? What's wrong Sensei?"

Inomiri-sensei had called out to Mikoto as they arrived in front of a certain room. The walls were broken down as if it was hit with a powerful impact. The edges of the broken bricks were burned as though an explosion broke the wall. Interesting enough, there were not even signs of a door being there at all.

"I haven't seen this room before"

"Yeah... come to think of it, we were allowed in every room in the castle expect for the one in the north east side of the castle"

The heroes were given a lot of privileges by King Verdik after they were summoned. They were given weapons, clothes, armor and the daily necessities they need everyday. They were paid while undergoing training and while it were restrictions, they were allowed in every part of the castle.

However, they were never allowed to go visit the northeast side of the castle.

The structure of the castle was like a fortress. There was a large wall outside while there was a line of buildings surrounding another building inside. The central building of the castle had four towers protruding from the roofs of the castle while the body of the building were connected through long halls and bridges to the outer castle.

The throne room was situated at the central building while the place where the heroes were training were around the west side of the castle. Not to mention that underground dungeons and rooms underneath the castle. The whole Travestin royal castle was larger than Buckingham palace on Earth.

Walking through the rubble, Inomiri-sensei and Mikoto entered the room. Inomiri-sensei created a small fire on her hand light up the dark room.

Shockingly, as the darkness parted from the small light, the two found themselves surrounded by bookshelves, old paintings and dusty old chests. There books littered around and scrolls we're pushed inside in some corners.

The room must have been used as a storage room in the past.

Inomiri-sensei picked up one book and opened it.

"This is....."

"What? Did you see anything?"

"Well... these seems to be dated around the time of the 3rd to 5th generation royal family. These are old records of the kings in the past"

"Kings?"

"According to the history of Travestin Kingdom, only males succeeded the throne at first. It was only during the 13th or 14th generation of Kings that the ruler switched to Queens"

From the first king down to the 13th and 14th kings of Travestin, only male had succeeded the throne. The last king however, decided to give her beloved daughter the crown instead. The heroes were more or less taught about the history of the Travestin Kingdom before they set out. Although only a few of them remember, Inomiri-sensei, who was always fond of studying, still recalls what she learned months ago.

Mikoto scrunched up her brows then thought deeply and tried to recall the history of the kingdom. However, as someone who was more interested in a certain someone than a history of a kingdom who was forcing to the to fight, there was no recollection of it in her mind.