Vol. 3 CH. 5 - Fixing the cracks

PART #1

There was an emergency situation needed to be remedied. An insurrection might come to the capital city. Because of the criminal acts of the Hero and his party, as well as the nobles supporting them, the citizens of the country were uprising.

Thankfully, Gaius was trying his best to work hard in suppressing the angry mobs until now. However, because Gaius and his men have reached their limits, there was hardly enough they can do alone.

Right now, there were a lot of things needed to be repaired. Things that are needed to fix immediately in order to prevent the situation from escalating.

That was both the shortage of food everywhere and providing sufficient payment for the remaining soldiers within the castle.

Because half of the total number of troops in Travestin were taken by Taiga, there was a shortage of hands.

Not only that, the citizens outside the castle were dissatisfied with their current situation. Even though goods were circulating, the increase in price were causing the impoverished to be unable to buy their necessary goods.

Not only that, the money inside the treasury weren't enough to quell the grumbling bellies of every citizen in Travestin.

Moving to the meeting room, Queen Isabella was assigning orders to everyone. However, it was impossible for the situation to ease up immediately.

"There are so many problems that is needed to be addressed but we have so few hands to deal with them"

Currently, the Queen, King Verdik, Lucinda and her maid and guards as well as Gaius and a some Margrave, Counts and Barons were inside the meeting room.

But with so little numbers, it was impossible to handle everything at the same time.

A map was laid out on top of a long table where everyone was seated.

On the map, there were small blocks of wood on specific parts of the map. Strictly speaking, the areas that were damaged by either monsters or bandits.

"Zeios-sama, will you be able to speak with the citizens that were affected by the nobles and hero's wrong doing?"

"I'll be able to set out immediately but I won't be able to come back for sometime"

"It can't be help, please use whatever means of transportation you have"

"Understood.. But what of the mission of reclaiming lands?"

"As for that, I want the nobles present here to provide rewards for the Adventurers we will hire. I shall get in contact with the Dukedom on the south to help us"

"But will that be enough?"

"I.... don't know"

Currently, acting fast was needed. While there are dissatisfied citizens, it was necessary to fix the current shortage of food. Everyone can just eat monster meat as temporary means so there won't be any problem if they hired Adventurers for the tasks.

The only problem was that, the treasury wasn't enough yet. They could keep on contacting other countries but to avoid the insurrection, they need to act immediately.

The concerns were speed, money and numbers. The Dukedom was on the south, which was being ruled by Duke Alberto Corneo Arkwright. The Queen could send am envoy there to request for help but it was doubtful the envoy would even reached the border since the southern areas were riddled with bandit dens.