Singlets - Qualification (pt2.)

---- A few weeks later ----

Zoe's POV:

It's been a few weeks since I have been working down at Bondi beach and Singlets has introduced me to all of the boys and we all get along really well and I have also gotten to know Singlets really well. I really like him but I don't know if he likes me back so I haven't asked him out just in case he doesn't like me. Hoppo has been extremely nice to me when he found out that I wanted to be a lifeguard and he has been helping me get my qualification and I have been extremely thankful that he has as I am really close to getting it. I am working at the beach today and with me being a paramedic as well it has helped me lots as I can help the boys save peoples lives better than they can. I really like working with the boys but I am scared that when I get my qualification that I have to get a job at another beach and won't be able to work with them any more.

I am patrolling the beach to make sure that no one is in trouble when I see Hoppo walking towards me. I stop walking so that he can get to me easier. It wasn't odd for the boys to see me talking with Hoppo as he just likes to check up on me to see how I am doing and how I am getting on with getting my qualification. When he gets to me he says "Can you come with me to my office so we can talk as I want to do this in private."

"Yeah sure. Why though? We normally talk on the beach with lots of people around"

"I need to say this in private and I don't want any of the boys to hear this."

"Ok. That fine." We walk up to his office while talking about what is going on in life. When we get to his office he closes the door and then locks it just in case one of the boys come. "So what do you want to talk to me about," I say

"Well. You know that I have been keeping an eye on you recently"

"Yeah."

"So I have been keeping an eye on your performance and I think that you deserve this now so I would like to give you this." He hands me an envelope with something inside of it. I open it up to see a certificate for my lifeguard qualification. I start jumping up and down and when I stop I give Hoppo a hug thanking him. He hugs me back saying that I deserve it. He then says "I have also brought you in here give you a job if you want it."

"Yes. Please can I have it? It has been a dream for me to work here at Bondi."

"Yes, you can have the job. Do you want to try on your uniform now or just get it and try it on when you get home?"

"Can I try it on now as I want to see how it fits?"

"Yeah, that's fine. The female changing rooms are down the corridor to the right. Also before you go don't tell the boys as I want it to be a surprise to them and you start on Monday." He tells me that so I get changed into my new uniform which fits perfectly and then I go back down to my post on the beach and try to keep all of my excitement inside of me so that people won't ask what's wrong and so the boys don't get suspicious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you have enjoyed this chapter. I will try and get the next part out tonight or tomorrow. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.