Reidy - Amputee

Pheobe's POV:

I have had a hard life since I was around 10 years old. When I was 10 I was in a car accident and I had to get my leg amputated. I have had to deal with all of the bullyings for my whole life. My brother Reidy was the only one that looked after me for my whole life as when I was in the car crash my parents died and Reidy was old enough to look after me. He was the one to pay for all of my prosthetic legs and to look after me all of these years. I never have wanted to move away from Bondi because that is where my brother lives and if I live far away from him then I won't have anyone to talk to as it is hard for me to make friends but if I do make them they all leave me when they friend out that I only have 1 leg.

I am going to work with Reidy today but I am staying in the tower as I can't go out on the sand without getting sand in the joints and I can't go out into the water. As Reidy is my brother he takes me to work with him most days. I have become good friends with everyone who works there and Hoppo doesn't care if I am there along as I don't distract the others from their job. The boys don't care that I have only one leg.

When I am in the tower with the boys, I usually either sit down and help them or I organise the medicine cabinet. Today I am sat down with them helping them but all of a sudden I hear footsteps walk into the tower. I get up and see a little girl around 5 years of age looking lost. I walk up to her and bend down and say calmly "Hey there. Do you need help?"

She nods her head and says "I have lost my mummy. I don't know where she is."

"Do you want to come up with me and try and find her?" I say. She nods her head and I then say "Do you know what she was wearing by any chance?" She shook her head telling me that she doesn't know. I then bring her up to the rest of the boys and then sit down and then put her on my lap so she is comfortable. "Can you remember where you last saw her?" She points over in the direction of North Bondi so I grab one of the radios and say "Central to North Bondi. I have a little girl who is around 5 years of age who has lost her mother. Can you look for someone who has lost their child?"

"Yeah, sure I can Pheobe. I don't mind doing that." I hear come from the radio.

It took the boys around 10 minutes to find the mother and while we waited I played with the girl. I also found out that her name was Emily. She was also wondering about my leg so I told her that I had to get it cut off because I was in an accident and blood wasn't getting to my leg. She wasn't afraid when I told her which was surprising so when the mother came I handed her over and then I sat in the tower for the rest of the day which was boring as I didn't have anything to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. I managed to get this out earlier as I couldn't watch a video for my lesson as it wasn't working so I decided to write this chapter. Thanks for 2k reads.

From

Nicci 💙