Kerrbox - Homeschooling - short

Y/N's POV:

As we are having a lockdown here, I have had to do homeschooling. It hasn't been that bad but as I was in my final year of high school it has gotten harder as the teachers kept giving us more and more work to do in a day, but I still managed to do it within the school hours. I have told my dad, Kerrbox about it as he is at home all day as they had to close the beach so there is no one working in the tower. He has told me to message the teachers that it is to much work and that I can't do it all in a day and they said that it is fine, and I don't have to do it all if I can't manage to get it done and that has only happened a few times.

It was the first day after the half term and I have already been set a lot of work. I had to do 2 subjects today which were English and chemistry. I had to do 3 hours of English and 2 hours of chemistry.

The chemistry work was really easy as I only had to watch 2 videos, write notes on both of the videos and then I had to answer exam-style questions on the topics. It took me around an hour and a half to do chemistry but then I had to do English which I hated because I had to do 13 quizzes on Romeo and Juliet as we finished annotating and reading the play before half term.

I managed to finish the quizzes in 45 minutes and then I had to complete a PowerPoint to help me with an assessment that I am doing on Thursday. The second part of the lesson took 2 and a half hours because I had to do lots of little tasks for the lesson. I didn't really enjoy doing it because it started to get boring and it was also starting to get hard to think. I managed to finish doing the work, but when I did, I was happy that I didn't have to do any more work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. I only wrote this about my experience with the work the teachers are setting because it is my final year in high school. I am doing my timetable for a normal school day as I don't know how Australian lessons are set out. I just can't wait for the school year to be over. Hope everyone who has to do homeschooling is alright and has time to relax.

From

Nicci 💙