Burkey - Breathing (pt.2)

Burkey's POV:

I checked her pulse and it was still strong so Harrison and I stayed beside her so we could wait for her to wake up. While we waited for her to wake up the radio went off and I heard Beardy say "Tower to North Bondi."

I then picked up the radio and said "Go ahead tower."

"Is the girl alright? Everyone in the tower is wondering because people are starting to crowd around you and the last time we saw her, she fell onto the sand," Beardy said.

"Yeah, she's fine. She's either asleep which I don't think she is or she has just fainted from the lack of oxygen. We've put the mask on her so she can get more oxygen into her body," I say.

"Ok, do you want me to call the ambo?" He asked.

"Yeah, mate. That would be good." Just as I finish saying that the girl starts coughing so I remove the mask off her face after I gave the radio to Harrison. Just after I remove the mask off her face, water starts to come out of her mouth and once it finishes coming out she rolls onto her back. I then ask her "Hey, do you remember your name and what the date is today?"

"Yeah, I'm Y/N and it is the 20th of February," She says.

"Great. That's good that you remember your name. I'm Burkey, Y/N. Quick question. Do you know why your pulse was strong but you weren't breathing a lot?"

"Well, no I don't but don't worry. I'm just weird but at least I am breathing more," I say.

"Yeah, that's a good thing. However, we've called an ambo for you so that they can check to see if there is any more water in your lungs."

"Thanks, I appreciate it," She says. We then spend a bit of time talking while we were waiting for the ambulance to arrive. We talked about what she did for her job and about our family.

When the ambulance arrives I walk Y/N up to where the ambulance is on the promenade. We walk slowly to the ambulance because I didn't want her to become out of breath just in case that there is water in her lungs. When we get to the ambulance she thanks me for everything that I have done to help her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. I wrote this chapter in my Maths lesson when we were meant to be revising. I have written part of tomorrows chapter as well so that I don't have to write it all from my head. Hope you have enjoyed this chapter.

From

Nicci 💙