Hoppo - Clubbie (pt.1)

Grace's POV:

I was working as a volunteer lifeguard today at Bondi beach. This is the closest thing that I can get to become a lifeguard because I have been at the trials every year for the past 4 years and every time I have not gotten past the first stage. I have always wanted to be a lifeguard since I was a little girl because I grew up at the beach and I kept watching them save people. My parents have kept encouraging me to keep trying to get a lifeguarding job because they know how much I want to save people. So, this is as close as I can get to becoming a lifeguard.

The boss of the volunteer lifeguards told us where we were earlier today and I was stationed down near the lifeguards at the south end of the beach. I didn't know which lifeguards were stationed down there but I still am going to put in 200% effort when I am down there. I didn't care about the "rivalry" that is going on between us and the boys in blue. It's not really a rivalry because we both want to rescue people and it's just a type of game we play. Some of the boys really like us and if they see us running to go rescue people, they just sit back to watch because they want to give us a chance.

When I got down there with the rescue board and rescue tube, I looked over to the boys in blue and saw that Hoppo was the one on duty with H. I knew that Hoppo was the boss but I don't know why but I felt weird around Hoppo. It might be because I have a tiny crush on him. I still try to impress him because I want them to notice me.

It was around 12 pm when I spotted someone in trouble in the water, I then looked towards Hoppo and H to see if they have noticed the person but it looks like they haven't so I grab my rescue board and then immediately ran into the water. I managed to get to the person just before they fully went under and I managed to get the person on my board. I then brought the person to shore and asked them if they were alright and if they had swallowed any water.

Hoppo's POV:

I was on duty with H down the south end of the beach. There was a volunteer lifeguard near where we were stationed but for some reason, I recognised her from somewhere. I knew that I couldn't let that distract me from my work. Around 11 am I realised that she was one of the people that try out at the lifeguard tryouts every year. I then spend the next 30 minutes thinking about her.

Around lunchtime, Harry and I were watching the water, when we spotted the Clubbie go straight into the water with her board and we then saw what direction she was going in and we saw a person in trouble. All I was thinking at that point was 'how did I miss that.' I knew that I would have to talk with her boss later but I couldn't do it now as we were at work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. My family and I finally managed to sit down and watch the first episode of Loki tonight. Well, they got to. I watched it yesterday and I must say that it was awesome. I really enjoyed it. I m going to do part 2 tomorrow as I couldn't fit it all in this chapter. Hope you have enjoyed this chapter.

From

Nicci 💙