Jethro - A Thousand Years

Emma's POV:

I have just gotten married to Jethro and we are now on the beach having our reception. We got married in a church nearby so that it wasn't a long journey to the reception. I couldn't believe that I am now married to the man that I love. We have all had our food and we were now on the dance floor that the boys made for this night. I was dancing slowly to Jethro while thinking about what he said to me during the vows.

I really love him and I then remembered that I had something planned for him. I couldn't believe that I nearly forgot about it. I looked up at Jethro and said "Stay here. I need to do something." I then ran over to my family and then whispered to him "Can you get him a chair so he can sit down. It's time for that thing that I planned." They both nodded their heads and they grabbed an empty chair and then brought it over to Jethro.

Once I saw him sit down I realised what I am doing. I shook off the nervous feeling I had and I then walked over to the DJ. I had planned this with my family and the Dj for around 3 months now and I can't believe that I was going to be doing this now.

Once the DJ saw me in front of him he realised what I was there for, so he handed me a microphone and then queued up the song. I turned around with the mic in my hand and I could tell that everyone was confused. "So, I know that most of you will be confused as to why I have a microphone in my hand but I have been planning this for 3 months now. I hope you enjoy this Jeth."

The music then starts up and I start singing "Heart beats fast. Colours and promises. How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall? But watching you stand alone. All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow. One step closer. I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. Time stands still. Beauty in all she is. I will be brave. I will not let anything take away. What's standing in front of me. Every breath. Every hour has come to this. One step closer." I was walking towards Jethro while I was singing and I already had tears in my eyes.

"I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. And all along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. One step closer. One step closer." I was now kneeling in front of Jethro and I saw that he had tears in his eyes. We were both crying now but I continued.

"I have died every day waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. And all along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more."

Jethro took the mic out of my hand because he knew that the song has finished. He then stood up and pulled me up with him. I held my hand out so someone could take the mic and Hoppo did. Jethro then pulls me in for a kiss and then when we let get we put our foreheads together and then Jethro whispers "I love you, baby."

"I love you too," I whisper back to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. I decided to write this chapter because I thought that it is a really cute way to end off the book. I also wrote this chapter because I really like this song. Hope you have enjoyed this chapter and reading this book.

From

Nicci 💙