Dylan - Holiday (pt.4)

Vicki's POV:

We have just gotten back into Bondi. After we went to Bristol, we went to Liverpool for 2 days and then we went to Cornwall for the rest of the trip. We had to drive back to London to get on the flight back home but we both really enjoyed going and I really enjoyed that surprise that Dylan did. I still can't believe that he proposed to me. We haven't told anyone about the engagement yet as we were still getting used to the time zone change again. Dylan had to go to work today and he left me to plan how to tell everyone that we are engaged. I knew that he would be excited at work to tell the boys, but he promised me that he wouldn't tell them.

It took me a while to plan what we were going to do but by 12 pm I decided that I would go down to the beach and then have my left hand in view most of the time with the ring on and then I would see how long it would take for them to realise. If they didn't realise by the time, they finished their shift, we would post a picture on all of our social media accounts with us smiling and having my hand in the picture with the ring on. I then texted Dylan the plan and he thought that it was a good plan so after I ate my lunch I got changed into my bikini and then put some clothes on top of them and then I walked down to the beach.

I got to the beach at 1.30 pm and when I walked onto the beach, I went to the buggy that was in between the flags and asked where Dylan was. They told me that he was in the tower but what surprised me was they didn't see the ring on my finger as I had my hand on my bag strap while talking to them. I then walked into the tower and saw that Dylan was sitting down next to Maxi. I walked over to Dylan and asked him if I could leave my stuff here. I said hi to Maxi and waved at him with my left hand. He looked up at me and as I was waving my hand, I noticed that he was shocked as he had his mouth hanging open and he was looking back and forth between us. He then pointed at my ring and before he could say anything, I nodded my head and then said: "Yes, we are now engaged, Maxi." He then got up out of his seat and gave us a group hug. "You can't tell the others though. We want them to find out on their own." Dylan said. He then nodded his head and I then left the tower to go and walk up and down the beach.

---Time skip---

It was now the end of the day and they were packing up the beach. I walked up to Dylan and said "Your friends are blind or something. Not Maxi though he was the only one to notice. How didn't the others notice?"

"I don't know and yes I do think that all of them are blind as they couldn't see it as it was right in their faces. Do you want to take that photo now?"

"Please, can we? Also, can we have Maxi in it as he was the only one to notice?"

"Yes, we can. I think that is a good idea." We both then walk over to Maxi and drag him away from everyone else. They didn't notice Maxi leaving them which was good as we could take the photo. We took the photo and had Maxi smiling and he also had his thumbs up. I then sent it to Maxi and Dylan and we all posted the photo on our social media accounts with the caption of 'Another lifeguard off the table people.' It didn't take long for us to hear the ping of the boys' phones go off. They all open their phones to see the post and when they did, they turned around and looked at us. They all looked at us surprised and they then got excited and they ran over to us and jumped on us which made us fall onto the sand. We eventually got up and then we spent the rest of the evening talking about how Dylan proposed to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. This is the final chapter that I am doing. I hoped that you have enjoyed reading all 4 parts.

From

Nicci 💙