Singlets - Good news (pt3.)

--- Monday morning ---

--- Singlet's POV ---

It's been a few days now and I think that Zoe is keeping something from us but mainly me as we talk most of the time. I don't what she is hiding but after she came out of Hoppo's office a few days ago she has been bursting with excitement. I know that it is her secret that she will tell eventually but I just want to know.

I have just walked into the tower at around 5.30 am, and it is quiet for some weird reason as I didn't see anyone else even if it is normal because when I am on the opening shift, I usually am here before everyone else, so I started to put the shutters up so that the people in the tower can look out and then I go on open the garage to get al of the stuff out. When I get down there I look at the time to see that ten minutes have passed but none of the boys has turned up yet so I finish setting up hoping that they will be there by the time that I am finished.

When I am finished I see Whippit, Maxi and Chappo are here but I know that someone is missing as we normally have 5 people here in the morning on the opening shift. I turn around and get the binoculars out with all of the radios.

--- 3rd Person ---

Zoe walks into the tower while Singlets is turned around getting the binoculars and the radios. She sees Maxi, Whippit and Chappo standing around so she taps them on the back and they turn around and all of them went to say something but she just put her finger to her lips so that they are quiet so she then continues to creep up on Singlets and then she jumps on his back to scare him as he was starting to stand up. When she jumps onto his back she wraps her arms around her neck so that she doesn't fall off his back. When she jumps onto his back he screams which hurt her ears but she doesn't let go. When he realises that she jumped onto his back she is put down and hugs her.

--- Zoe's POV ---

When Singlets puts me down he pulls me into a hug but then pulls away and puts me at arm's length and then says "What's this?" pointing to the uniform

"Oh. This," I said while pointing to the uniform. "I'm a lifeguard here now. Did Hoppo not tell you?" I said that just to wind him up as I knew that Hoppo didn't tell him.

"No he didn't tell me," he said.

"Hey Singlets, if it makes you feel any better he didn't tell us either and we only just found out as well," Maxi said. We talk for a bit longer until we have to separate to do our jobs down on the beach and I found out that I am at North Bondi with Singlets today. So we went down there and sat there and talked about stuff while we were watching the ocean. At around 10.55 am I had to go out and do my first rescue as a Bondi lifeguard. When I get back I sit back down and then Singlets asks me a question. "Hey. Um... Zoe. I was wondering... Well, we have known each other for a while now and I just want to know if you would like to be my girlfriend?"

"Yeah of course I will. I really like you a lot and I just didn't want to rush into things and I didn't know if you liked me back so I didn't ask."

"I really like you too. I have for a while." He said that but then I spotted a few people going under when the waves go over the top of them. "Hey, Singlets we have to go. 3 to 5 people are going under and we need to go now." We both get out of the buggy and grab a board and get to them but then we have to call for backup as we both don't have enough room to take them back to the sand.

We get back with the help of Jules, Whippit and Maxi. We then only have to do a few more rescues before we swap posts which turned out that I was in the tower with Kerbox which turns out that we both get along really well so I finish my duty at around 3 pm and then I meet up with the boys at Icebergs at around 8 pm so that we can celebrate my first day on the job.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading these 3 parts to one person. It means a lot that people are reading my book as it helps me write more chapters as I know that people are reading my chapters. I would also like to say thanks to heyitsvicki because if I didn't read your Bondi rescue book then I wouldn't have been able to write this book. 

Have a Merry Christmas and please stay safe, protect your family and friends.

From

Nicci 💙