Hoppo - Clubbie (pt.2)

Hoppo's POV:

I have now finished working and I saw that the boss of the volunteer lifeguards was still here packing up their equipment so I decided to walk up to him. I was thinking about what I was going to say to him while I was on my way down to him because I rarely talk to him and when I do it is to talk about his volunteer lifeguards.

When I got down there, he noticed me before I could say anything and he then said "Hey, Hoppo."

"Hey, Daniel. I was wondering if I could talk to you about one of your volunteer lifeguards?" I asked.

"Oh, now. What did they do this time? Which one was it?" He asked.

"Oh, no it's nothing bad. I just wanted to talk to you about Grace. How long has she been with you?" I asked.

"Oh, ok. So she has been a volunteer lifeguard for around a year now. Why?" Daniel said.

"Oh, she just looks like she has the skills of an actual lifeguard. She has been at the lifeguard trials for the past 4 years but I have never let her through as I never thought that she would be able to keep up with the boys," I said.

"Yeah, she has managed to one-up all of the boys that are volunteer lifeguards here. I am really impressed by her skills," Daniel said.

"Yeah, I am as well. I saw her rescue someone that none of the boys in the tower or Harry or I could spot. All I saw was her shoot out into the water," I said.

"Yeah, she does that. When she is focused on the water she will notice things that no one else would spot."

"Wow. That's impressive."

"Yeah, it is. So did you want to ask me anything else about Grace or something?"

"Oh, yeah. I was wondering if you could get Grace to come to my office tomorrow as I would like to offer her a permanent spot on our team. Don't tell her that though. Just tell her that I need to speak with her."

"Yeah, that would be alright. I'll text her now." I then waited for him to text Grace and when he finished he continued to say "Yeah when she first started as a volunteer, all she could talk about is that she has always dreamed of being a lifeguard."

"Wow. When did she know that she wanted to be a lifeguard?" I ask.

"Oh, she said that it was when she was 8 years old," Daniel said. We both then spend the next hour talking about Grace and her life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. I don't know why but my mind hasn't been focusing today so I have been putting off writing this chapter but I finally have written this. I have just realised that I have already written a volunteer lifeguard chapter with Singlets but I have just reread it and I have now realised that it is different so I am not really worried about it being the same. Hope you have enjoyed this chapter.

From

Nicci 💙