Kobi - Meeting (pt.1)

Y/N's POV:

I have been friends with the lifeguards for all of my life because I have been going down to the beach on my own since I was 5 years old. This is because my parents don't care about me so I just went to the beach every day when I wasn't in school. I have known that a lifeguard is coming back to work again. I haven't met him yet so I don't know what he is like but all I know is his name.

I got to the beach at around 8.30 am and I then immediately made my way over to the tower with coffee for the boys. I know their coffee order and I get it for them every morning so that they can wake up properly.

When I walked into the tower I saw that Hoppo was there and then I said "Hey, Hop. I've got your coffee here." I then hand him his coffee and then went to the others in the tower and gave them theirs. I realise that there is someone else in the tower with them so I turn to him and then say "So, you must be Kobi. The lifeguard I have never met."

"Yes, I am. How do you know that and who are you?" He asks.

"Oh, I'm Y/N L/N. I only know that because they have told me," I say.

"Oh, ok. How do you know them?" he asks.

"I've been friends with them since I was around 5 years old because I started to come down to the beach on my own and they kept seeing me and they then started to get worried so they asked me if I was alright and where my parents are. I answered and then they brought me up to the tower. I then started to talk with the other lifeguards and then we became friends. As I got older I started coming here more often because I had more free time and I just wanted to get out of the house. And that's about it," I say.

"Wow. That's a lot to happen to someone," he says.

"Yeah, it is. Do you want to help me take coffee to the others so we can talk more?" I ask.

"Yeah, that would be great." He then gets out of his seat and we head down the tower steps and walk along the beach to hand the other lifeguards their coffee. I started up a basic conversation with him and I eventually asked him why he has started back as a lifeguard again. He tells me that he had an accident where he broke his neck so he has been recovering for the past 8 months.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. I don't like that my knee still hurts because when it does I always think that something bad has happened to it. Also, I can't believe that I have less than 10 chapters left of this book. I am going to write part 2 tomorrow as I didn't have enough time tonight. Hope you have enjoyed this chapter.

From

Nicci 💙