Maxi - If I Die Young

Play the song at the top when I tell you to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV:

I have been feeling really down at the moment as I don't feel like I don't belong in this world at the moment. I was sitting in the tower with Jesse and Maxi and I don't know why but I was letting my wander.

(Play the song now). I turned to look at the boys and they look like they are having fun "If I die young, bury in satin. Lay me down on a bed of roses. Sink me in the river at dawn. Send me away with the word of a love song. Oh-oh, oh-oh." I then walk out of the tower and walk over to the boys down the north end of the beach. While I am walking there I am singing "Lord, make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother. She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colours. Oh, and life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no. Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby. The sharp knife of a short life. Well, I've had just enough time." I look over to see Hoppo and Chappo having to rescue people in the water. They looked focused on what they were doing and then they put their hand put to signal that they need the defib.

I then continue my way over to the south end of the beach to see what the others were doing. I got down to backpackers rip and saw H and Deano sitting in the buggy. H had the megaphone in his hand and was telling the people in the water to get out. "If I die young, bury in satin. Lay me down on a bed of roses. Sink me in the river at dawn. Send me away with the word of a love song. The sharp knife of a short life. Well, I've had just enough time." I then make my way down to the boys that were just around 100 metres away. Harries was there on his own because he could handle that area on his own.

When I got down there, I saw Harries sat on the quad bike and was just watching the water while looking for anyone in trouble. "And I'll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom. I'm as green as the ring on my little cold finger. I've never known the lovin' of a man. But it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand. There's a boy here in town, says he'll love me forever. Who would have thought forever could be severed by. The sharp knife of a short life. Well, I've had just enough time."

I decided that I had to go back up to the tower. I knew that all of the boys loved me like a little sister and that Maxi loved me like his girlfriend but I just keep thinking that I don't belong in this world. "So put on your best, boys, and I'll wear my pearls. What I never did is done. A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell 'em for a dollar. They're worth so much more after I'm a goner. And maybe then you'll hear the words I've been singin'. Funny when you're dead, how people start listenin'." I got back to the tower steps and I then turned back to look at everyone on the beach and saw that they were playing and didn't have any care in the world. "If I die young, bury in satin. Lay me down on a bed of roses. Sink me in the river at dawn. Send me away with the word of a love song."

I got to the top of the steps and walked back to my seat at the front of the tower. I looked through the binoculars and watched the water and saw the people having fun. "Oh-oh, oh-oh. The ballad of a dove. Go with peace and love. Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket. Save 'em for a time when you're really gonna need 'em, oh. The sharp knife of a short life. Well, I've had just enough time. So put on your best, boys, and I'll wear my pearls."

I turned back to the boys and heard them talking away and then also saw everyone on the beach moving again. Maxi could tell that something was wrong with me so he turned to me and hugged me from behind. He then whispered to me "Are you alright, baby?"

"No. I have been feeling like I belong in this world for a while now and I don't know what to do."

"You do belong in this world. We all love you and I love you the most baby."

"Thank you, babe. That makes me feel better. I love you so much." I then turned around and kissed him. I knew Jesse was watching the water and when I pulled away I got up off my seat and sat on Maxi's lap. I then buried m head into his neck. I sit there cuddling Maxi for the rest of the day. I knew that Maxi and Jesse could both handle watching the water while I was cuddling Maxi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. Just to let you know, no one can't hear her when she is singing because they are frozen but when she looks at the boys they unfreeze and this is all in her head. Also, the singing is in italics. I started crying while I was writing this chapter as the song reminds me of the Glee episode in season 5. Hope you have enjoyed this chapter.

From

Nicci 💙