Hoppo - Clubbie (pt.3)

Grace's POV:

Yesterday, my boss Daniel texted me to say that I am wanted in Hoppo's office and I am now freaking out because I don't know why he wants me down there. I could be in trouble for yesterday but I really don't know why I am in trouble. I don't know why but I don't feel like it is because I have done something wrong.

I got down to Hoppo's office at 9.30 am and when I did I knocked on the door and all I heard from inside was the words come in. I opened the office doors and then walked into the office and then said "Hey. Daniel texted me yesterday saying that you wanted to talk to me."

"Ah, yes. You're Grace. Am I right?" Hoppo said.

"Yes, I'm Grace. So what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"Well, I was on duty yesterday down in the south corner and I saw you do that rescue that we didn't manage to spot," Hoppo said.

"Yeah, when I am really focused I notice things which other people might not," I say.

"Yeah, your boss Daniel told me that yesterday. I remember you being at the lifeguard trial the past four years."

"Yeah, I would like to know why you don't let me go onto the next part of the trials."

"I don't think that you would be fast enough but because I saw you save someone yesterday I have reconsidered that and I would like to offer you a full-time position as a lifeguard."

I just sit there looking at him for a while waiting for him to start laughing but when he doesn't I say "Wait. Your serious."

"Yes, I'm serious. Do you want a position as a lifeguard?"

"Yes. Yes, I do. I have been dreaming of becoming a lifeguard since I was 8," I say.

"Yeah, I know. Daniel told me yesterday. So, when are you able to start?" Hoppo asks.

"I can start next week. I just need to tell my boss that I am quitting as I have another job."

"Ok. So do you want your uniform now or when you start next week?" Hoppo asked.

"Can I have it now and can you not tell the boys until I come in next week as I want it so that they don't have time to clean the tower?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure. Mind you I still might get them to clean it up as it looks like a bomb has gone off in there," Hoppo said, making me chuckle. We then spend a bit of time talking to get to know each other and so that I can get the right size for my uniform.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. Because it has been really hot in the UK for the last few days, I am now thinking that I really want it to rain so that it can cool down. Hope you have enjoyed this chapter.

From

Nicci 💙