All lifeguards - New Year's Eve (pt.1)

Piper's POV:

It's new years eve today and I am really excited as I get to spend the day with everyone at work and we are going out tonight to Icebergs to have a few dinks but we might get a little bit tipsy. However, there is a downside of being a lifeguard on new year's eve which is that people like to bring alcohol on the beach and then once they drink it they decide to go into the sea which makes it dangerous as they are drunks and they could get themselves killed. I also don't like it when men are drunk because I am the only girl on the team they are very protective of me as drunk men like to hit on me even more than sober men. Some of the men don't like female lifeguards so they try whatever possible to stop me from saving their children. I think that this why Hoppo keeps deciding for me to be in the tower on new year's eve and day but I really want to be out on the beach this year even if it is for the first part of my shift. I have managed to get Hoppo to let me go onto the beach from 8.30-12.30 which has made me happy as I get to go out in the buggy.

When I get to work I put my food in the fridge and see who I am with today which says that I am with Harries. When I saw Harries name next to mine I immediately shivered because Harries is really protective of me and that if anyone hits me or does anything to me he will be there to do things to them. I walked out of the tower and hopped into the buggy with Harries and he drove us down to North Bondi. It was calm when we got there so we just kept an eye on the people in the sea because there were a few people there. It was around 10.05 when we had to go and do our first rescue of the day. Two people had to be saved so Harries and I both went out. I went to save the little girl who managed to get further out as I was the fastest on the board out of the two of us. Harries went to get the other girl who wasn't as far out. When I was going to the girl I noticed that she was going under every time a wave came so when I got to her I had to pick her up and pat her on her back to get the water out as she kept breathing in the water. I get her to lie down on the board and let the waves bring me in with me paddling a little bit but I wasn't paddling a lot as I was making sure that the girl got more water out of her lungs.

When I got back to shore I picked up the girl in my arms and took her to her parents and explained what happened. They packed their stuff away so that they could take her to the hospital to see if there was any more water in her lungs. I waved bye to the girl as I walked away and when I got back to Harries I sat back down in the buggy. Just as I sat down I had to get back up because I saw lots of people in trouble. We had to get more lifeguards down here as Harries and I couldn't get them all in onto our boards.

We had to get 5 other lifeguards and the jetski out to save everyone and after we have rescued everyone Harries and I just sat down in the buggy but it was lucky that we didn't have to do any more rescues for the shift.

When it reaches 12.30 I go up to the tower to have my lunch and my lunch break but I don't like going out on my break so I just sit in the tower with H and Corey as they both were in the tower.

Once my lunch break was over H left the tower to go and work on the beach and Corey and I sat in the tower surveying the beach while we were talking about random things.

When it reaches 4.30 I leave the tower and clock off as my shift is over. Once I leave the tower I go home to get dressed in my dress that I planned to wear for tonight.

(Pick one as I can't choose)

Once I get into my dress, do my makeup and my hair it is time for me to head to Icebergs.

It was around 7 pm when I arrived but I couldn't see any of the boys so I just sat down at the bar and drank a Vodka Martini. I decided to start strong, to begin with. I also decided to get drunk as I am not working tomorrow. I managed to down two vodka martinis by the time the boys got here.

It was around 7.45 pm when they got here. I was lucky that I wasn't drunk after them drinks because if I was then the boys would know something was up. They got me a margarita to "start" the night off. I managed to down the drink faster than they finished their drinks so I got up and went to get another Vodka Martini as they were nice. When I got back to the table the boys noticed that I was a little bit tipsy after the margarita so that got them suspicious but they left it as they trust me.

It was around 9.30 pm when you could tell that I was fully drunk. By then I had around 10 drinks plus 2 or 3 shots of tequila. I was really drunk at that time and was struggling to walk in a straight line. I was also dancing on the dance floor like a lunatic with Maxi. He could tell that I was drunk and was trying to get me to sit back down which took him a good 10 minutes to do as I was just pulling him back onto the dance floor. The boys wouldn't let me get any more drinks as they didn't want me to get anymore drunk. I ended up just sitting at the table but I managed to sober up 10 minutes before midnight.

All of us walked out onto the balcony to watch the fireworks go off and when they finished we had to go home as some of the boys have work in the morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to let you know. I don't know what it is like to be drunk as I have never been drunk before. Thanks for reading this chapter. The next part is coming out tomorrow.

Also, just to let you all aware that when it is a special occasion the chapters related to that specific occasion are going to be with all of the lifeguards.

From

Nicci 💙