Chappo - Meeting my family

Chappo's POV:

I have been dating Y/N for a year and a half and today we are going to Melbourne to see Y/N's family. I am really nervous as I haven't met her family yet so I don't know if they will like me. Y/N has told me a lot about what they like to talk about and what I should say and what they are like.

We got to Melbourne at 10 am as we took off at around 8.30 am. When we got off the plane, we got our luggage and went outside and took a taxi to Y/N's parents' house.

We pulled up outside the house at 10.30 am and when we got out of the car and then I started to panic as I didn't know if they would like me and if they would approve of my job. Y/N noticed me panicking so she rubbed my back and kissed me on the cheek and said "You'll do great. They will love you. Dad may be protective of me, but he will warm up to you." We both then walk up to the front door with our bags and knock on the door. We stood there in each other's arms while we waited for them to answer the door.

Y/N's POV:

I knew that Chappo was freaking out as we have been dating for a year and a half and we haven't visited my parents. I have seen Chappo's parents and they love me. I managed to calm him down just before the door opened.

When the door opened, I saw my mum standing there. I left Chappo's embrace and hugged my mum and told her that I missed her. She let us in, and I took Chappo to my childhood room. I didn't take anything other than the clothes and pictures from this room as I knew that I was going to buy new stuff when I was in Bondi. When we walked into the room, I noticed that it was clean, and it looked like Mum cleaned before we got here so the stuff wasn't covered in dust. (This is what the room looks like.)

I wasn't really a girly girl, so I don't like to have a lot of pink in my room

I wasn't really a girly girl, so I don't like to have a lot of pink in my room. I noticed Chappo looking around. He then asked "So this is your room when you were younger? I thought that it would be pinker in it."

"Yes, this is my room. Also, I don't really like the colour pink." We then leave our bags in the room and walk downstairs and sit on the sofa. I look at my mum and ask. "Mum. Where's dad?"

"He's at work. He couldn't get today off but he will be home at 2 pm. He thinks that you will be here later as he didn't know what time your flight was."

"He still is an electrician. I thought that he would have gotten another job by now."

"So would I but apparently he likes this job and wants to work there until he is ready to retire." We then sit down and talk for a while and I can tell that my mum really likes Chappo and Chappo really likes my mum. I am happy that they are getting along.

---Time skip---

It is now 2.30 pm and dad should be home in a minute. We planned to surprise dad so Chappo and I are going to hide in my room and put the bags away so he can't see them. Mum is going to tell him that there is a surprise for him in my room and when he walks in there, he is going to see Chappo and me on the bed.

Around 5 minutes later dad walks into my room and when he sees me he stops I get up and hug him. Dad then says "You're here. You're really here. I thought that you would be here later today."

"Nope. We got here around 10.30." I then let go and wave Chappo over. He walks over to me and I then say "Dad this is my boyfriend Chris Chapman but we call him Chappo as it is his nickname."

"Nice to meet you Mr Y/L/N."

"I like him. He has nice manners."

"I like him too dad." We then go downstairs, and the men get to know each other.

By dinner time the men have gotten to know each other well and I think I heard dad tell Chappo some stories about me when I was younger, but I didn't care. I was just thankful that they were getting along as dad didn't like my other boyfriends. When we were sat around the table, we were just laughing and talking about me when I was little. I told dad not to tell him any more stories about me, but he didn't listen. I also told them some about Chappo when he was little as I remember his mum telling me about them. I had the opportunity to embarrass Chappo and I took the chance. I knew that he would tickle me when we finished dinner, but I didn't care as I just wanted to see his face go red.

It was around 9.30 when I started getting tired. I decided to go up to bed. I got changed into my pj's and then climbed into bed and when got into bed I felt the bed dip slightly, so I knew that Chappo joined me. I rolled over and cuddled up to him as I normally do that when we are in bed together.

---A week later---

We spent a week at my parents, house in Melbourne and we were now ready to go home. I really liked spending time with my family as I only get to facetime them, and I can't see them in person. I will miss them. but I just can't wait to get home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. The picture is just a reference to what the room might look like. You don't have to use that photo. I have had a lot longer to write this chapter as I finished my schoolwork off early today.

From

Nicci 💙

𝕭𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖎 𝕽𝖊𝖘𝖈𝖚𝖊 𝕴𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖘 ¹On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara