Secret Santa🧸

Sickie: Jisung

Caregiver: Chan + Jeongin + Minho

Chan's POV.:
Christmas is approaching and I thought why not engage in some festive activities with my members. We were always busy so I hoped to at least enjoy the holiday season through small things like lighting a scented candle once in a while or having some hot cocoa, mostly because there was no time to do much else. During one of our family meetings I had proposed the idea of Secret Santa to my group. They were all in for it and I wrote down all names on scraps of paper, folding them and mixing them in a hat for everyone to draw one name. Most of them smiled widely upon reading the name of the person they were gifting, already having a few ideas of what they would get them. The only exception was Jisung, his face had paled upon unfolding the paper and although he tried to smile and play it off, I could see his eyes becoming a bit wet as he fought back tears. I decided not to expose him since he was so clearly trying to hide his feelings, instead settling for approaching Jisung in privacy later.

When our small gathering was dissolved and everyone was going after their own businesses, I followed Jisung who was in a hurry to disappear to his bedroom. I gently brushed my knuckles against the door stepping in quietly after receiving a tense "Come in". "Hey, are you ok?", I asked, sitting down on Jeongin's bed, watching Jisung as he sat on his bed, knees drawn to his chest, staring at some random spot on the wall. He ran his shaky hand through his hair a few times taking deep breaths before opening his mouth to answer and simply closing it again. "Sungie, can I come over and give you a hug or do you need some space?", I offered calmly as the boy in front of me was clearly panicking. With no words being spoken still, my dongsaeng lifted his arms allowing me to pull him into my arms as I sat down next to him. "It's ok, I'm here. Everything is ok", I murmured soothingly while stroking his back. "Just take slow and deep breaths, you'll be ok", I continued, taking one of his hands and laying his palm against my chest before taking slow steady breaths for him to feel and mirror. We sat like this for a while waiting for Jisung to calm down and get his fast irregular breathing back under control.

After a few minutes I deemed it safe to speak up again: "Can you tell hyung what's going on?" With shaky fingers, he fumbled the crumpled piece of paper from his jeans pocket dropping it into my lap before tearing up slightly. Curiously, I unfolded the paper and stared at the name written on it. Minho. I had already guessed my dongsaeng having a crush on the older a while ago. "What if I c-can't find a p-proper present for h-him? H-He'll me s-so disappointed. I-I d-don't want t-to ruin Christmas f-for h-him. I-I c-can't do t-this", he stuttered covering his face with his hands. "Whoa there. Slow down. There is no way Christmas is going to be ruined over a Secret Santa gift. Plus, why would he be disappointed? He's receiving a gift after all. We can brainstorm together, maybe we'll come up with something, ok? Don't stress too much, we're just doing this for fun", I hushed him. Had I known where my idea of having some quiet time with the group would go, I would have just kept my mouth shut.

Jisung's POV.:
I could only envy my members, they all seemed so happy when learning who their gift receiver would be. Don't get me wrong, I loved gifting to Minho. In fact, I loved Minho. That's the whole problem here. I didn't feel like there was anything good enough for him. Though I appreciated Chan taking the time to sit with me and offering gift ideas, I kept turning all of his ideas down. Today is a Sunday and we'll exchange our presents on the Sunday next week, so I only have one week to find and buy a present. Not being able to come up with an idea that'd satisfy me, Chan decided I should just go to the mall tomorrow and look around different stores to get some inspiration. Although I knew he was right that we wouldn't get anywhere tonight, I didn't think I could just go to bed now and wait for tomorrow as it meant one day less till exchanging our gifts. Going to bed with an anxious knot in my tummy, I wasn't able to get much rest, tossing and turning most of the night.