Flushed🌡️

Sickie: Changbin

Caregiver: mostly Aussie-line

Changbin's POV.:
Today everyone had their individual schedules and now that it was afternoon, I had the studio to myself. I tried to come up with lyrics to a new track I was working on but something was blocking me. My mind kept turning up blanks and the harder I tried the less I got. After frustrating two hours and no results, my head was pounding from staring at the bright screen and thinking too hard. Rubbing my temples, I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes for a second. Or so I thought. That second turned out to be three hours long and my heart almost stopped when I glanced at the clock afterwards. Never in my life had I imagined that I'd ever fall asleep at work. I had no idea how that could happen and felt very lazy and guilty. I was supposed to put in an effort for this team, like any other member was doing right now. What was even worse was that my head was only aching more now so my chances of actually getting anything done were quite slim. Sighing I pick up my phone to find a text from Chan.

Chan: Hey, Hyunjin just lost a bet and is now cooking dinner for all of us. You'll be home by 7pm, right?

Wondering what the bet must've been about, I type a short reply, letting Chan know that I'll be there. With an hour left, I decided to shut everything down and walk back to the dorm. It's not that close but I hoped the fresh air would help my head, besides I've been sitting all day. I slipped into my jacket and switched off the light before locking the door. Exiting the building, I pulled my hood up and put in my earphones. Given the season, it was already dark outside and the streetlights were on. It was a bit colder than I expected, especially with the wind that was picking up. I shoved my hands into my pockets to keep them warm and took a deep breath. It felt amazing, I was slowly waking up from my daze and I felt free.

I was about halfway to the dorm when I was rejecting my decision to walk. My jacket wasn't thick enough to block out the wind and my fingers had mostly gone numb. The wind made my nose run and eyes water, so I constantly had to rub my face on my sleeve. Trying to wrap my jacket tighter around my freezing form, I speed up my pace. The thought of being welcomed in our warm dorm with fresh cooked dinner waiting pushed only pushed me on more. It felt like an eternity but I finally made it. Kicking off me shoes in the hallway, I rubbed my hands against each other while the tingling sensation faded. When I entered the dorm, dinner was already served and they were only waiting for me. I quickly went to wash my hands before taking a seat. "Are you ok? You look really flushed", Chan, who was sitting next to me, asked, furrowing his brows. "Aish hyung, you have no idea how cold it is. I walked back", I laughed, pressing my cold fingers to my even colder cheeks and afterwards to his neck. He flinched ducking away before everyone erupted in laughter at his shocked expression. I sniffled a bit before picking up my chopsticks, my nose was still a little runny from the change in temperature.

I had to admit, Hyunjin did quite alright with his cooking. Most cooking-skills in this group are awful but to my surprise it turned out not only edible but also quite tasty. Most importantly though, it was nice and hot, quickly warming me up from the inside out. If only my head had stopped pounding I'd also be able to follow the conversations around the dinner table. Chan kept glancing at me as I didn't contribute to the jokes as usual, but I couldn't focus enough to do so. While clearing the table, the maknae-line decided we'd have a movie-night and laughing along with it, Chan promised to make popcorn for everyone. I couldn't remember what other plans they made since I was now cursing the warmth of the dorm that I had been yearning for so badly earlier. Suddenly feeling overheated, I started sweating like crazy and decided for myself to just follow along with my groups plans instead of contributing any ideas to it myself. My shirt already felt sticky and I felt a drop of sweat run down my neck. Did they turn the heating up? Or was it maybe the food? It might have been the contrast in temperature after walking outside that threw my sense for hot and cold off balance. Stumbling to the bathroom, I splashed some cold water on my face and pulled my sweater off. Only wearing a thin t-shirt underneath, I let the water run over my wrists before splashing some more on my face. Chan had followed me after watching me hit my shoulder on the doorframe as my balance was off somehow as well.

"Hey, honestly Binnie, are you alright? You've already been back for a while and your face is still bright red", Chan stated his observation. "I don't know. It's just soo hot so suddenly and everything's sticky and sweaty" – "Yeah, that's a fever", he announced pressing a hand against my neck. "Have you been sick all day?", he asked gently, allowing me to sit down on the closed toilet-lid as he noticed how weak I felt. "I don't know, looking back, it would maybe make sense if I was sick", my tone more questioning than anything. "I couldn't focus and had no ideas at all. My head started hurting pretty bad and it still does. I don't know how it could happen and please don't be angry, but I fell asleep in front of the computer", I was putting all the pieces together, more for myself than for anyone else. "Actually, saying it out loud, that would be the best explanation", I figured, looking up at my leader. "Don't worry, I'm not mad. It happens to the best of us and I know how hard you usually work. I doubt you could help it, being sick. It would also explain your runny nose", he pointed out. "That only started on the way back and I thought it was the wind", I mumbled weakly, my energy draining away more with each passing second. "How about you take a shower so you feel less sticky and if you feel up for it you could join us for a movie. I'll go and find you some medicine to bring down your temperature and maybe ease that headache a bit", Chan gave me a comforting smile and patted my arm. I nodded weakly before pulling myself up and peeling my sweat-soaked shirt off. After Chan disappeared, I took a quick shower, which turned out to be really quick as my limbs were feeling heavy and just standing there took unimaginable effort. Besides that, the water was giving me goosebumps and I soon felt freezing again. Shivering, I toweled off and put on my fluffiest sweatpants and an oversized hoodie to keep me warm before drying my hair properly. When I reunited with my group in the living room Chan gave me a strange look: "I thought you were too hot?" – "Binnie's always hot", Felix piped in from the sofa. "Not anymore, I'm cold now", I replied while trying to keep my teeth from chattering. Chan frowned handing me a pill along with a glass of water and Felix got up, disappearing to his room. I took the medicine Chan had given me and let him guide me to an unoccupied space on the sofa. A few members were already sitting on the floor and I figured they had kept some room for me after Chan had told them about my condition. I was sitting next to Jisung and placed my head on his shoulder. How could I be so damn tired after not really doing anything and having a three-hour-nap?

When Felix returned, he was dragging his favorite blanket with him. He handed me a pair of fluffy socks which I gladly put on while he climbed onto the sofa next to me. I was now comfortably sandwiched between the September-twins and my donsaeng pulled his blanket over the three of us before cuddling up to me tightly. "Thank you, Lixxie", I whispered down at him, receiving a small smile and a side-hug. They offered me to choose the movie but admitting that I was too out of it to even follow the plot, I let someone else choose. I didn't even know what they settled for. Seungmin was sitting on the floor in front of us and was closest to the coffee-table, he turned around and nudged my foot to catch my attention before placing a bowl of popcorn in my lap for Lixxie, Sungie and me to share. It was cute how all of them cared as soon as they knew I wasn't doing too well. Lixxie didn't leave my side at all, he was pretty much glued onto me, which I didn't mind because he kept me from freezing. I was always fond of my favorite koala-baby but this moment really meant a lot to me. At no point through the movie was I actually asleep but I was in a dazed state for pretty much the entirety of it, soaking up the comfort provided by my members around me. Felix knew I was awake, because he kept feeding me bits of popcorn, knowing I liked it. That's why he didn't hesitate nudging me when the movie was over for fear of waking me, like the others would probably have. He helped me to my feet and walked me straight to my bed. I sleepily curled up under the covers, yawning. Instead of walking over to his own bed, Lixxie just climbed in next to me. He really is the cuddliest member but I can't hear myself complaining as I slowly drift off in his arms.