Somebody else🌡️

Sickie: Hyunjin

Caregivers: Stray Kids

No one's POV.:
With the again rising controversies around Hyunjin's school history, the dancer was again called to a meeting with JYP. He had been to many meetings lately, sometimes with his group, sometimes with their managers. Most of the times they were discussing how the current investigations were going and how Hyunjin was supposed to act in public. At the moment he was making his way to the CEO's office. This time, his members wouldn't be with him but he hoped at least some of their managers would be there. Park Jinyoung could be quite scary if Hyunjin had to face him alone. The dancer knocked and after a curt 'come in' he opened the door and bowed politely. He was offered a seat and looking around, had to notice there were no other chairs prepared, so it seemed like it would only be him and JYP. The CEO's face was serious when he explained that there had been no progress in refuting the bullying accusations. The mood was tense and Hyunjin, who had so badly waited for some good news, bit his lip, head hanging low. He had been anxiously waiting for something, something that would get the public's sharp eye off of his every movement. When the dancer was about to leave the office, JYP sighed: "You know Hyunjin-ah, no matter whether these accusations are true or false, they are very harmful for the company's image. I really wish I would have debuted somebody else."

Hyunjin was numb. The buildings passing him on his way back to the dorm blurred together as his head spun and his heart ached. Was he not worthy to be an idol? Did JYP secretly believe the rumors and think that low of him? The dancer's throat tightened but he wouldn't cry, not this close to the dorm where the others would be able to see. Did his members feel the same as JYP? If they did, they'd probably be angry at him for crying when it was him who was holding them back. Did they regret having him on their team because he was hindering their success by putting the group in a negative light? Hyunjin's eyes stung but he pulled himself together before stepping into their dorm. Chan looked up from where he had been working at the dining table, asking: "How did it go?" – "Still no progress", the dancer answered emotionlessly. "Are you okay?", the leader frowned. His donsaeng really sounded off and he knew the younger to be a bit dramatic, so not letting any feelings shine through was very unusual for him. Chan hadn't even thought it possible for the younger to stay this calm when he was stressed. Hyunjin heaved a sigh: "I had really hoped for something. I'll be in the practice room to dance a bit, y' know, blow of some steam, clear my head." Chan nodded. The dancer went to his room and changed into thinner, more comfortable clothes. When he was about to leave, the leader pressed a bottle of water into his hand and gave him a comforting smile. The smile Hyunjin returned ended up to be more of a grimace but Chan felt it'd be best to give the younger some space, so he went back to his laptop while Hyunjin left the dorm. The dancer's plan wasn't necessarily to blow of some steam, though that'd be a pleasant side effect, he wanted to improve some of his moves in their new choreography, that he wasn't satisfied with yet. He was good at dancing, so if he could become even better at it, he might be able to shine a positive light on his group. He was determined to become somebody who brought his group forward, who his members could be proud of, he would become somebody else.

In the end, he spent longer than he had expected practicing. Somehow, he couldn't get the moves down to his satisfaction so he went over them again and again and again. Looking at the clock, he realized it was already close to midnight. He had missed dinner with his group but that didn't really matter. Maybe it was good that he missed his meal, couldn't hurt dropping some weight. He had forgotten to take his coat with him on his way to the practice room. Earlier he hadn't really minded, he had needed to cool off anyways, but now that it was night and his thin clothes were soaked with sweat, he couldn't help but shiver. How ironic, Hyunjin now felt as cold as his heart had been feeling all day. Sneaking into the dorm, the dancer managed to get to the shower unnoticed. He took a hot shower to warm himself up went straight to bed afterwards. Initially he had been afraid that he wouldn't be able to fall asleep with his thoughts running wild but now he had exerted his body so much that the exhaustion soon pulled him under.