A piece of cake🍼🩹

Little: Jeongin

Caregiver: Chan

No one's POV.:
It had been almost a year since Jeongin had come out to his group as a little. Chan had become the maknae's caregiver the same evening, beating the other members to it, that wanted to baby their youngest just as much as Chan wanted to. Since Jeongin loved how safe the leader made him feel, they were a perfect match but he hadn't considered how many nights Chan would be gone, too busy to take care of the little. The youngest was never upset at his caregiver for being at the studio all the time, he understood that the leader had more important things to do. It had been the third night this week that he had to go to bed without having gotten a single hug from the oldest all day and when he saw the older the next morning, he couldn't help but cringe at the dark circles under the leader's eyes. Chan was stressed, that much he knew for sure, and since it was always Chan taking care of him, Jeongin wanted to take care of his hyung for once. He knew there was no way he could convince him to come home earlier, so he at least wanted to do something nice that would earn him a smile. The Aussie smiled way too little due to how tired he was.

After some thinking, Jeongin had an idea what could make the oldest smile but he needed some help. After knocking on Felix' bedroom door, he stepped in and interrupted the Aussie's video game, asking: "Hey, uhm, I wanted to bake something for Chan-hyung, so do you have any recipe for me? Something easy please, I don't have much practice." – "Cool, what's the occasion?", the older beamed. Sitting next to Felix on his bed, the maknae explained: "Hyung is always busy and I can tell that he's exhausted. He isn't smiling as much, so I wanted to make him smile and it's been almost a year since he became my caregiver, so..." The older chuckled and pulled out his phone, scrolling through a few documents. "Here, this one should be a piece of cake, it's basically fool-proof", Felix stated, sending the recipe to Jeongin, so he could look it up on his phone, "It's a basic chocolate cake but you can decorate it with chocolate and sprinkles, so it looks far from basic." – "Thanks. I'm going to check if we have all the ingredients. None of you are planning to use the kitchen after dinner, are you?" – "Not as far as I know. Get me if you need help", the Aussie replied turning back to his game.

After searching through their kitchen cupboards, Jeongin was satisfied that they had all the ingredients he needed at the dorm, except for sprinkles, so he put on his coat and took the short walk to the convenience store, where he picked up blue star-shaped sprinkles. Being insecure about his cooking skills but wanting to bake the cake all by himself, the maknae didn't only wait till after dinner to start baking but also till most of the members were in bed or at least in their rooms. This way nobody would walk by the kitchen and judge him if it didn't go his way. Felix had been right, the cake itself wasn't too difficult. Sure, he made a bit of a mess with the flour and got more butter on his fingers than in the cake pan but all in all, it wasn't that hard. By the time he had transferred the dough into the cake pan, he was sweating a bit, so he put the cake in the oven and wiped down the kitchen counter before sneaking into his room and changing into fresh clothes. When he through his sweaty and flour-covered clothes in the wash, he passed a mirror and noticed that he was wearing a pastel pink hoodie with his light-blue shorts. It was an outfit he usually only wore when he was little but in the dark room, he hadn't seen which clothes he pulled out of the closet.

Slipping into his headspace, Jeongin grabbed a piece of paper and his pastel markers. As he waited for the timer to beep, signaling the cake was done baking, he wrote on the paper: "For the best daddy. Please smile for Innie." Around the writing, he drew little pink and purple hearts before switching to a yellow marker and drawing a few smiley faces. Then he left the sign on the dining table, where he'd later put the finished cake on the plate. He still had ten minutes left till the cake should be done and the little spent the entire ten minutes standing in front of the oven and staring through the small glass window with sparkling eyes, watching the cake rise to the rim of the pan. When the timer beeped, he quickly turned it off and rushed to open the oven, only remining himself at the very last second: "Nuh Innie, thish ish hot." He turned off the oven and put on oven gloves. Taking the hot cake pan out of the oven, he carried it as far from his body as possible and placed it on a cake rack to cool. The entire kitchen had filled with a sweet chocolaty scent and the little had to remind himself that this cake was for his daddy and way too hot to eat now anyway.