Doctor's Visit🍼🌡️

Sickie/Little: Jeongin (age 7)

Caregiver: Hyunjin

No one's POV.:
Jeongin had come down with the flu a week ago and had seen a doctor about it. After getting prescribed some medicine, the boy was instructed to come back for a check-up on Friday if his fever hadn't gone down by then. Shortly after returning home and explaining what medications he had to take and when to his caregiver Hyunjin, the maknae had slipped into his headspace. The following days had been a wild ride for both of them with the younger regressed and almost delusional from how high his fever went. For a while, he wasn't able to keep anything down and Hyunjin got worried to the point where he almost dragged his dongsaeng to the hospital. Luckily, Jeongin had managed to keep down a glass of water and later stomach a few bites of rice, which was the only reason he got out of a trip to the hospital. The end of the week was getting closer and although his stomach was still upset and sensitive, Jeongin barely threw up anymore. He hadn't come out of his headspace at all since he first slipped at the beginning of his illness and Hyunjin had been by his side through it all. Though the dancer was running low on sleep, he was determined to take care of the little. Sure, the other members were there too and tried to help the pair out as much as they could but in the end, Hyunjin was Jeongin's caregiver, their bond was special and none of the other members were able to replace that.

Friday rolled around and Hyunjin woke up first, shifting the passed out little off of him and slipping out of bed. Careful not to wake Jeongin, he brushed his fingers against the maknae's forehead, cooing sadly when he felt how feverish the younger still was. That'll mean another visit to the doctor, which made the dancer frown. Last time Jeongin went, he was in his adult headspace. Dragging him there while regressed would certainly not be an enjoyable experience for either of them. Tucking the blanket around his sick friend, so he could rest for as long as possible, Hyunjin left the room and went to the kitchen. On his quest to get himself coffee, he ran into Chan. "How's he doing?", the leader asked, taking a sip of his own coffee. The younger sadly shook his head and blew into his cup, sighing: "Still just as feverish though he slept through the night without getting sick. I'll have to take him to the doctor again later." – "Oh well, how are you doing, Jinnie? You look exhausted", Chan frowned worriedly. Shrugging, the dancer admitted: "Can't really remember the last time I got some proper sleep. I'm just too worried to really fall asleep or stay asleep for that matter and honestly, I have no idea how I'm going to get Jeongin to come with me later. He hates doctors." – "Hmm, he's a little, bribe him with candy", the Aussie chuckled. "If only he could keep it down", Hyunjin sighed, rolling his eyes. All he had been able to feed the maknae lately was plain rice and soup and even that was a gamble.

Two arms wrapped themselves around Hyunjin's waist before a face was buried between his shoulder blades. "Hi there, foxy", the dancer smiled, turning around to hug his dongsaeng properly. Sniffling pathetically, Jeongin closed his eyes again and leaned his forehead against his caregiver's collarbone. Hyunjin's heart clenched, feeling the burning skin against his own. He wrapped his arms around the younger and softly swayed them from side to side till the maknae stiffened in his hold, whimpering: "Stop daddy, you're making me dizzy." – "Aish, I'm sorry sweetheart", the older cooed, simply holding him close, "Can you tell daddy how old you feel? You sound a bit older than yesterday." Taking a moment to think, Jeongin pulled away to cough before cuddling back into his daddy and stating: "I'm seven, already a big boy." – "Would my big boy like to have some breakfast?", Hyunjin smiled, playing with the hair at the nape of his dongsaeng's neck. The younger shook his head, one hand going down to palm at his tummy. "My tummy's still not happy", he pouted, closing his eyes again. It was clear to both, Chan and Hyunjin, that their dongsaeng was still feeling low. Kissing the little's forehead with a sad smile, Hyunjin hummed: "You know, sweetheart, you're still running a fever, so we'll have to go to the doctor again today." Jeongin froze in his caregiver's arms, slowly shaking his head. "I know you don't want to but we need to get you back on your feet or do you want to stay sick forever?", the dancer sighed. "I-I'm on my feet, look!", the little insisted, hands shaking slightly. Hyunjin just hugged him tightly, deciding to drop the topic for now.