A 'they-problem'🍼

Little: Seungmin (age 3-5)

Caregiver: Hyunjin (+Felix)

Requested by: 

No one's POV.:
Hyunjin was working on a solo-song at the studio, which left his little Seungmin at the dorm without his caregiver. Luckily, Felix was at the dorm too and was quick to volunteer as a babysitter for the little. Knowing the Aussie was watching Seungmin eased Hyunjin's mind a bit, though he always struggled to focus on stuff when he knew his little was in headspace but not close enough for him to watch over him. All by himself at the studio, the dancer tried to keep his mind from wandering back to the dorm, so he would be able to finish his work quickly. The sooner he got this over with, the sooner he'd be able to go home to his little. Seungmin wasn't too happy about the current arrangement either. Sure, he was glad that Felix played with him and was giving him the affection, he craved but it felt different coming from the Aussie. No matter how hard the Aussie tried, his huggies and kissies couldn't even compare to Hyunjin's and Seungmin couldn't help but miss his appa more the longer he stayed at the studio. The little understood that his caregiver had to do this but that didn't mean he couldn't miss him, right? Felix noticed the little's mood getting progressively gloomy and he felt sorry for not being able to give the younger what he needed. Seungmin wasn't a little to start acting up when he was unhappy, he just grew quieter, sometimes even non-verbal, and stopped smiling completely. At some point in the afternoon, Felix couldn't handle the little's sadness anymore. Seungmin didn't cry or complain but Felix could tell he wasn't doing well. He had stopped asking the Aussie for hugs about an hour ago and has been coloring by himself with a sad pout on his lips ever since, which probably hurt Felix more than if he had thrown a fit, demanding Hyunjin to come home.

Knowing the only one that could cheer Seungmin up was his appa, Felix left the room to call the older. As if he had been waiting for Felix' call, Hyunjin picked up after the first ring, frowning when he heard his baby was missing him that much. Had he been able to leave, he would already have run back to the dorm to shower his baby with hugs and kisses till his beautiful smile would return to his face. "Lix, I'm sorry, I really can't leave yet but I won't get anything done here, knowing Minnie is sad without me, so could you maybe bring him over", Hyunjin asked, biting his lip worriedly. He heard a low chuckle on the other end of the line as Felix replied: "You're so whipped, hyung. Sure, I'll bring him over. Are there any toys that I should bring or do you have stuff for him at the studio?" – "Umm, he doesn't really need much but if you could bring his stuffed puppy and maybe a coloring book and crayons, I'd highly appreciate it. I have a spare pacifier for emergencies with me in case he wants to take a nap here, so we should be fine", the older replied with a faint blush on his cheeks. It was true, he was whipped for the second youngest but who wouldn't be? Seungmin was just too cute. Felix agreed and promised to be over at the studio soon.

Felix grabbed a small bag and packed Seungmin's favorite plushie and a box of apple juice before returning to the living room to tell the little they were going to see his appa. The little's face lit up upon the news and he quickly shoved his coloring book and crayons into the bag Felix had prepared. Jumping around happily, Seungmin went to hug his hyung, excited that he finally got to see his main caregiver. It had only been a few hours but to the little it had felt like months of being apart. Felix had a hard time getting the younger to stand still, so that he could tie his shoe laces but soon they were ready to leave. Seungmin had calmed a bit and quietly slipped his hand into Felix' walking next to the older. The little had started to feel a bit guilty for disrupting his appa's work and the excitement quickly changed to shame before they even made it to the studio. He was ashamed that he didn't even manage to stay with his hyung for a day to let his daddy do what he needed to do. He felt like he was taking his caregiver's life away by always slipping at bad times and making the older care for him. An attention seeker, that was what he was, always demanding affection from his appa without thinking about what the older might need. When did he get this dependent? Before his friends knew about his littlespace, he had been doing just fine by himself or hadn't he?