Count on me (2)🍼

Little: Jeongin

Caregivers: Stray Kids

No one's POV.:
It was surprising really how quickly Chan had been able to fall asleep with little Innie in his arms. The leader would have expected himself to stay up at least another hour, dwelling on the thought of Jeongin forgetting about his littlespace. Sure, they had all noticed that their youngest didn't slip into his headspace anymore but they had just assumed he didn't need it. Now he felt stupid for not asking his dongsaeng why he had stopped slipping. Being the oldest, he was always attentive when it came to the other members, so when Seungmin came to wake Jisung up, Chan woke up too. Still, he pretended to be asleep and only moved his arm a bit to cover the pacifier between Jeongin's lips. He knew the others wouldn't go to their schedules if they knew that the maknae had slipped after what felt like an eternity. Sure, they always babied their youngest but it was still different when he was in his headspace. Chan felt a bit selfish for keeping Jeongin to himself while making all the other members go to work but he knew that they couldn't all miss their schedules and it wouldn't cause too much suspicion if only the two of them stayed back, besides, now that Jeongin remembered, he'd surely slip more frequently in the future.

Grumbling, Jisung rolled out of bed and made his way over to the other two. Though he was surprised to find Chan in his room, the rapper figured Jeongin had had another of his nightmares and had sought comfort from their leader. Before he could get close enough to the bed to notice anything off though, Seungmin stopped him, whispering: "They're not going today, hyung. After Innie felt bad yesterday, Chan-hyung texted me that he'd stay back with him and that we shouldn't wake Innie at any cost." That did a good job at waking Jisung up. He knew his roommate wasn't himself lately and especially after him collapsing during practice the previous day, he had hoped the younger would open up but it only seemed like he was doing worse. "Channie-hyung also told me not to worry too much, he's going to explain everything when we get back. Everything will be okay, yeah? I trust him to take good care of Innie", Seungmin smiled when he noticed the older's concerned look. Though not very happy about that answer, Jisung nodded and quietly went to get ready and Chan had to suppress a sigh of relief. He knew he could trust Seungmin and really had to make sure to thank him later.

Chan stayed cuddled up with Jeongin and listened to the commotion outside their room. He didn't want to go back to sleep right away, afraid that somebody would check on them one last time and would notice the pacifier. As soon as he heard the front door click though and it became quiet, he relaxed and decided a few more hours of sleep couldn't hurt him either after almost staying awake with the little the whole night. It was already early afternoon when he woke up to someone poking his cheek. Chan sat up, looking sleepy and confused, which earned him a giggle from the little, sitting on his legs. "Good morning, Innie", the leader smiled, voice low and raspy after sleeping for so long. The younger happily clapped his hands, giggling: "Daddy!" Now that his caregiver was awake, he finally had someone to play with.

Seeing the little already wide awake, Chan had to shake off his sleepy haze rather quick and checking the time, he felt his heart sink. It was almost lunchtime and he hadn't even fed Jeongin breakfast. "Aww, are you hungry, Sweetie?", the leader cooed, pinching his dongsaeng's cheek. The maknae looked at him with big puppy eyes and nodded. Picking the little up and placing him on his hip, Chan chuckled: "Very hungry or does daddy have enough time to cook you pancakes?" – "Pancakes", Jeongin squealed, bouncing a little in the older's arms, who struggled to keep them balanced. The leader then got Jeongin settled at the table, so he could color something while Chan prepared their late breakfast. It had been a while since he had the time to really cook something for breakfast. Usually they were too busy and settled for something quick like toast or cereal but today was different. He had promised himself that he'd make today special for Jeongin after he had struggled all alone for so long. Sure, when the maknae came out of his headspace, they'd need to have a talk about going to others for help and not trying to fend for himself but for now, he just wanted the boy to be happy and forget about his worries.