Waiting for Santa🍼❄️

Little: Chan

Caregivers: Stray Kids (mainly Felix)

Idea by: paranoidaro

No one's POV.:

The weeks leading up to Christmas had been incredibly busy for Stray Kids but they were finally on their well-deserved break. Considering they rarely got longer breaks, the members were understandably frustrated when their leader decided to work through most of it, only allowing himself to stay home for the celebrations. That was how a plan was formed to get Chan to come back to the dorm and stay there for the rest of the break. They just had to lure him back and then keep him so occupied that he wouldn't manage to flee to the studio again. The first two members trying to get Chan back to the dorm were Changbin and Jisung. Both of them failed as the oldest just sent his 3racha members back to the dorm, claiming he was making music for fun and wouldn't force his dongsaengs to work through their break despite them always making music together. Next was Minho, who followed a similar strategy as Changbin and Jisung. All three of them had tried to reason with their oldest and all three of them had failed, so they decided Seungmin and Jeongin should go next and try a different strategy. The two maknaes tried pouting and sad puppy eyes, insisting they wanted to spend their break with all of their hyungs. Chan really had a hard time telling them he wouldn't stop working for another few days but in the end, they had to go back without him. There was another reason why Chan refusing to take a break frustrated the members. The leader was a little and the other members knew that, hoping their baby could spend the break in his headspace, since he rarely got the chance to slip. Now that he had the opportunity to, he didn't make use of it.

Watching his friends fail, Felix made up his mind. He had seen which strategies didn't work out and decided to try another one. His attempt would need a little more preparation, so he got up early to pack a bag with the equipment he'd need, noticing that despite the early hour, Chan's bed was long since abandoned, if he had come back for the night at all. The dancer made his way to the kitchen and packed a lunch box with some of the cookies he had baked over the course of the last week. Next, he heated up some milk and melted some chocolate into it before transferring it into a thermos bottle and placing it into his bag, followed by the leader's sippy cup. Since desperate times called for desperate measures, he also packed Chan's pacifier and a small wolf key chain, which closely resembled the little's wolf plushie 'Stormy'. If only Felix could manage to make his hyung slip into his headspace, taking him back to the dorm would be easy, but how would he convince the older to use his littlegear when he wasn't little yet?

Felix had bundled up in his warmest coat and started the journey to the company building, marveling at the piles of snow on the side of the road. By the time he entered the studio, his cheeks were flushed from the cold, tingling lightly. Wearing his headphones, Chan hadn't heard him come in and startled when the younger wrapped him in a back hug. "Hey Lix", he smiled, instantly recognizing which dongsaeng it was by the way he hugged him. Tightening his arms, Felix hummed: "I missed you, hyung, so I decided to stop by." Chan heaved a sigh and turned to look at the younger. "I'm sorry, Lixxie, but I can't go on a break just yet, so if you came to drag me home like the others, I'm sorry, you wasted your time", the leader frowned, afraid to hurt his dongsaeng's feelings. Smiling slightly, Felix denied: "That is not what I came here for because you made it quite clear that that was not going to happen. I just came to visit and bring you some cookies, so maybe you can spare a few minutes for us to eat together before I stop bothering you and go back to the dorm." Chan felt his heart flutter, agreeing: "I most definitely can. Let me just save everything really quick."

By the time he turned back to Felix, the younger already held a cookie in his hand. "Say 'ah'!", the dancer ordered. Chuckling, Chan opened his mouth and allowed the other to feed him. He had to admit, the treat tasted amazing, not that he had had any doubts, considering Felix had made them. It was only now that the leader noticed how little he had felt like Christmas before because the warm Christmas spirit hit him all at once now. He felt at ease while his dongsaeng fed him another cookie, making him all soft inside. The pair soon settled on the couch at the back of the studio and Felix could tell, his hyung was close to slipping, as he did those adorable happy fists, he always did when he felt giddy or something was delicious. "I also brought some warm cocoa. You want some?", the dancer offered, pulling out Chan's sippy cup and the thermos. With sparkling eyes, the leader looked at his sippy cup, nodding eagerly as his mind grew fuzzy. Handing the little his sippy cup, Felix smiled when the other wrapped his hands around the warm cup, both hands. It was their rule, Chan always had to use both hands to drink something because otherwise he wouldn't pay attention and spill his drink. The caregiver could tell his plan was working out so far. Placing the sippy back down, Chan giggled: "Yummy!"