Star shining above🍼❄️

Littles: Hyunjin (age 6), Felix (age 3)

Caregivers: Stray Kids

Idea by: whatiswrongwithlife

No one's POV.:

Stray Kids were always teasing each other and that usually wasn't much of a problem because they knew it was just that, teasing. Mainly they ridiculed each other's height, or rather the lack thereof, lately however, they had started to tease Hyunjin for his height, giving him nicknames like tree or asking him how the air is up there. To them, it was no different from how they always teased each other but to Hyunjin, the teasing suddenly started to mean something. It was fine to tease one member about being short because the other members were short too. When it came to being tall though, the dancer was the only one being that tall with nobody able to relate to his situation, which made him feel lonely and excluded. Hyunjin wouldn't mention that to his friends though because he knew they meant no harm. Whenever the topic came up, he'd just brush it off, trying to ignore the ache in his heart. There was one other thing he tried to ignore and that was his headspace. Hyunjin was a little, finding relief in slipping to a younger mental age but that too soon started to cause a conflict inside him. Being constantly reminded of how big he is made it difficult for the dancer to not feel big. Slipping either got more difficult or felt wrong when he was little and still towered over his caregivers. He'd much rather be like Felix, the other little in the group, who was so much cuter and also smaller than him, being fawned over by their friends, even when he wasn't little.

With Christmas getting closer, the group got a few days off and the littles an opportunity to slip. It was only then, that the members noticed something being off. While Felix slipped instantly, Hyunjin was holding himself back. He didn't want to feel as torn as he had felt the last time he had been little. Maybe he'd just watch over Felix for today, deciding that littlespace just wasn't for him. At least while he was big, he could hide how much the comments about his height hurt him. The members already sat with little Felix in the living room, discussing their plans for the day, when Chan went to check on Hyunjin, asking: "Don't you want to slip too, Jinnie? It's been a while and you won't get a chance to slip anytime soon when our break if over." – "Ah, hyung, I'm good, I think. Not really feeling like slipping at the moment", the dancer lied with an awkward laugh, feeling jealousy rise when he looked over at Felix in Changbin's lap. "If you say so", Chan shrugged, reminding, "You know you're always welcome to. We're all here for you." Hyunjin nodded, taking this as his clue to leave as he felt uncomfortable.

While Hyunjin hid away in his room, the other members decided they'd use the day to decorate their dorm. Mainly to please little Felix, who was a massive Christmas enthusiast. The only problem with that was, that Stray Kids barely had any Christmas decoration at their dorm, so they needed to go shopping. Knowing they couldn't take Felix out while he was regressed, they had to split up as they didn't think Hyunjin was emotionally ready to take care of the little Aussie by himself, especially because the dancer too could slip any minute. It was soon decided that Minho would take the two maknaes to the mall, so the three of them could get everything they needed. After compiling a shopping list, the trio got going, hoping to be back home soon, so the fun could begin.

With Chan and Jisung occupying little Felix in the living room, Changbin went to find Hyunjin in hopes of getting the younger out of his shell, that he had started to hide in recently. Knocking softly, the rapper slipped into his dongsaeng's room and smiled: "Hey, we're going to decorate the dorm together later. You wanna join us?" – "U-Um, I -I think I'm just going to stay here", Hyunjin shrugged, his voice shaky, "I still have that one drama to catch up on and I'm finally free for once...." – "Are you sure? I think it'll be fun, doing something with all members together. You could slip, like Felix", Changbin mused, sitting down on one of the other beds in the room, "Is everything alright? You've been pretty distant lately. That's also why I think being little for a bit would do you some good." Not fully trusting his voice, Hyunjin nodded and avoided his hyung's eyes. The older would never understand that he could never be 'like Felix'. He was way too tall for that, way too tall to feel little. Fussing with a string on the cuff of his sleeve, the dancer waited for his hyung to leave but before he could, the door opened without a warning. "Lix, remember to knock first!", Chan called from the living room, a moment to late because the little had already barged in and climbed onto the bed next to Hyunjin. "Jinnie pway wif Lixxie?", the Aussie pleaded with big puppy eyes. Heaving a sigh, the older frowned: "I'm sorry, Lix, but Jinnie's big right now. Maybe we can play some other day." – "Oh, sowwy, hyung. Lixxie jus' missed chu wots", Felix muttered, clambering off the bed and waddling back to the living room.