Chapter 96

Going up the stairs the empress dashed into her bed chambers and grabbed the magickal bag. She never left without it. Checking to make sure she had everything she needed, then ran back out of the room and dashed down the stairs. Turning the corner and then out the back door and into the lavish courtyard behind her home.

She stopped and looked up to see the dragon stepping out of his mountain cave. She jumped and waved to him. Then she watched as he jumped down with wings open, gliding down to see her.

"Morning empress child."

"Hello dragon."

"Where are you going?"

"To the seer it's only a few miles...Walk with me?"

After a slight hesitation he looked at her.

"Alright, though I detest walking."

"I know you do, thank you." She said.

"Dear empress, lead the way." He said with a sarcastic bow.

"Come, it's this way." She said.

He nodded, walking directly behind her. After several feet into the forest, he looked at her and cleared his throat.

"I'm rather curious."

"About what?'

"Is there a reason we're going to this seer, or are you just bored thoughtless?' He inquired.

"There's a reason, yes."

"What is it?"

After a moment's hesitation, letting out a sigh, she responded to him: "I'd like to have a reading done, that's all."

"So be it." He replied, walking along with her, ducking to avoid occasional low hanging branches.