Chapter 85

A gut feeling of infinite terror, of pure darkness lingered in the air around her, so thick she could have choked on it. Seconds later, she could hear the faint sound of footsteps coming closer. Fear slithered through her like poison, as she had a vision hit, she saw a shorter than most dwarf. He looked to her with golden copper eyes. "He's a demonic spy." The tiny dwarf said, then the vision was gone. As it stopped suddenly, making her gasp, jumping back.

"Who goes there?' " It yelled at her.

Standing up, slowly stepping out from the mass of ferns. She looked at the creature. The demonic spy with dull eyes and greying skin looked more like a troll zombie with wings. It was creepy and a little gross.

"You spying on me forest wench?" He demanded to know.

"N-no sir, of course not." She said trying to hide the fear from within.

"Where are you supposed to be, little girl?'

"Goblin's Hollow, mister." She said.

"It's Spite, who are you?" He inquired.

Just as she opened her mouth, there came a blood curdling scream from across the forest. Instantly with eyes wide, she took off running, as if her fear controlled all bodily movements. Unable to stop and far too afraid to look back. She didn't slow down until she could see the castle she called home. Stopping only as she reached the front door.

Once she was inside, safe at home, her heart rate started to go back to normal. Catching her breath, standing there doing a breathing exercise for a few minutes. Then Maggie walked around the corner from the dining room, to the right of the large marbled staircase. Taking one look at the empress, and ran over to her.

"What happened? Are you hurt? You're shaking." Maggie blurted out.

Ralvania stood there, opening her mouth but the words refused to surface.

"Come, there's pixie brew in the office."

Ralvania nodded and followed , taking her favorite chair. Maggie poured a cup and set it on the huge desk in front of her.

"Drink some of it and try to relax." Maggie instructed, trying to ease her own worry over the young one.

Ralvania nodded, taking a sip and another.