Chapter 90

After he'd landed them in the fairy realm, she jumped down and hugged him.

"Thank you."

"Anytime. I thought you needed to get out of the castle."

"I think you're right. I love you."

Letting go of him, she ran to the castle, then waited a moment to catch her breath, then knocked on the pristine white door. After a few minutes, the door opened and Melinda's eyes lit up at the sight of Ralvania.

"Come in, I've missed you!"

"I've missed you as well." She replied, following her into the sparkling fairy castle. Leading her into the kitchen, Melinda turned around and looked over to her.

"Fae tea or pixie brew?"

"Pixie brew sounds good to me."

Melinda nodded and began making a pot of the brew.

"Can I help?"

"Oh nah, I've got it."

A few minutes later grabbing mugs and the pot of brew, leading her best friend in the known realms out to the balcony.

"This is really nice," She said overlooking the enchanting landscape, one of the waterfalls visible, the water shimmering in the daylight. A spectacular view. Sitting down in front of the small silver table with the princess, having a simple moment of bliss. Things were okay. Once Melinda poured a cup and sat down, she glared at the empress.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing."

"Liar."

After a few minutes of hesitation, she looked over to Melinda.

"There was a death in the forest back home."

"Oh no... Was it anyone you knew?"

"No it was an elf, named Norbert."

"How did it happen?" She asked, having a sip of the brew.

"No one knows. It could have been an accident or dark forces."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

'Me too. I want you to keep an eye out for anything strange just in case it is dark beings."

"Of course I will. If anything suspicious happens again, send the dragon. My father would help."

"I may need to do so, but I hope not" She said, taking a sip of the brew. Everything was so much better in the fairy kingdom, she thought as she took another gulp from the mug.